Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had this issue come up a few months ago where my oem stereo started acting up. It turns on and off and switching between stations and everything works and there was sound but the volume wasn't adjusting when I was turning the knob and then pressing the tuning knob for bass etc did nothing then a few days after there was no sound at all.

I recently replaced the amp after someone had a look and said the amp had water damage? so I replaced the amp and sound and the knobs were working for about 30 minutes until the same thing happened again. There was sound but the knobs were not responding to me turning volume knob /pressing tuning knob. Then no sound at all. I'm thinking of replacing the stereo next is this the best next move or is there something else I could do? any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
581 Posts
Well there isn’t anything else that would cause this aside from the Head unit being bad. Could be a loose connection at the back of the HU. Worth pulling it out to check. Worse case you can replace it with an aftermarket HU while you have it out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts