Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 MT IS with my modz of exhaust, intake, and cdd removed. and my buddy has 2 cars. 1 is a chrysler Crossfire. Sharp car. He has 20's on the back and 19's on the front. and his second car is a Fast ass PT Cruiser. I was beside him at a red light and i was just screwin around not thinking anything of it and reved my engine. and we raced ofcoarse. I kept with him all the way. We went all the way up to 110 and then backed off cause we hit a school zone. He was pissed that i was literally right beside him the whole time. So he then wanted to race me in his PT Cruiser. Which he has Turboed, all new exhuast from the front back. upgraded blow off valve. New spark plugs. it is stupid fast. It destroyed me. Even the fact he was squeeling the tires all through 1st gear, and half through 2nd. I felt like shit because a PT Cruiser beat me.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Nice! It's a relief that you were able to stay right beside the Crossfire. I thought they'd walk us like a G35 would.

And you can't feel bad about getting smoked by the PT Cruiser when it's that modified. There are Mercury Cougars at drag stips putting down faster times than Supras...that heavily modded...no longer about the "car" :cool:

·
Garage Pit Crew Chief
5,631 Posts
does the crossfire have any mods? how much was it putting down to the oversized wheels he had on the car?

PS > I hate that stupid lil rear spoiler on the crossfire... its retarded. Porsche wannabe, without the need for it.

·
Registered
549 Posts
handsofstone said:
is it an SRT-6? they are fast out of the box. a little rough on the ride though.
Doubt it being that the SRT-6 is a supercharged V6 that has 330-hp and 310-tq . I don't think he would stay neck and neck with it ;)

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Bleh, the crossfire is just a rebadged SLK without the hardtop foldaway roof. MB has had LOTS of reliability problems lately ... mostly electric.

I should also mention that the Crossfire is based off the old SLK not the new one.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The crossfires on do 0-60 in 6.4 seconds. He had his 20's and 19's on it so that slowed him down. And i had my modz done to mine. Crossfires arent as fast as they look.

·
Garage Pit Crew Chief
5,631 Posts
crossfires look fast?? :confused:

i thought they were just an abomination being marketed as a fast coupe ???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts