Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to keep bringing up this '04 dash tray but I just ordered one from this site yesterday ($201 total w/shipping) and I was just curious how to get the old one off?? I've read you just "pop" the old lint piece off to get to the screws but I can't see how to "pop" that piece off. What tool did people use to get that thing off without completely ruining the lint cover and the top plastic piece (just in case I wanted to go back to the original)?
And oh by the way, Pohanka Lex in VA had no idea what I was talking about when I told them about "retro-fitting" the 04 piece on my '01 and after struggling to convince them that YES indeed you can fit the 04 on an 01 he quoted me some ridiculous price of $550!!!
So damn good deal on this site, thanks!!

·
8,852 Posts
Put electric or masking tape (to avoid scratches) on a flat screwdriver and pry it open. There are 2 plastic clips on the front of the lint collector tray that will pop. The rest you know.

·
11,054 Posts
I got my JDM tray installed the easy way...I took it to the dealer and played "silly female" and got them to install it for free while they did my regular service. :lol:
I think if I wanted to put in the '04 one, I might try that again. :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.