Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I dynoed my car on saturday last week and was also disappointed by the results from the dyno run.

If the picture is unclear... it does say max hp is 190.9 hp and 197.8 trq. This was done at the 4th gear E-shift since I have an automatic trans.
I was hoping it to be a little bit higher but oh well its NA I know I shouldn't have expected much.

NA Mods:
KN FIPK Air Intake
Mazzuri Headers w/ high spun cat
Apexi WS2 Exhaust
Apexi Neo SAFC

I may have gotten little bit more if my car was completely cooled down and if I had changed my oil possibly? It was at 3600 miles, and I use Mobile 1.

·
Registered
298 Posts
What kind of Dyno?

It still looks pretty good, was this during tuning w/ the SAFC or was it done previously?

Would have been interesting to see a baseline on your car to see what power was added.

off topic, but how do you like your WS2? I'm thinking of running it with some headers, but waiting on money like always.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it was dynoed by DYNO JET, and the dyno was done during the tunning of my SAFC.

I have a video of my car sound which I need to post.... it sounds very good. Not loud, very little rasp from headers, sounds great at WOT!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is that video clip of my car... at the time when the video was taking, I only had Mazzuri Headers, KN FIPK, Apexi WSII... the high spun cat and SAFC wasn't even installed.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Well I dynoed my car on saturday last week and was also disappointed by the results from the dyno run.

If the picture is unclear... it does say max hp is 190.9 hp and 197.8 trq. This was done at the 4th gear E-shift since I have an automatic trans.
I was hoping it to be a little bit higher but oh well its NA I know I shouldn't have expected much.

NA Mods:
KN FIPK Air Intake
Mazzuri Headers w/ high spun cat
Apexi WS2 Exhaust
Apexi Neo SAFC

I may have gotten little bit more if my car was completely cooled down and if I had changed my oil possibly? It was at 3600 miles, and I use Mobile 1.
Those numbers do not look bad. Stock is 205 to the flywheel and with a rear wheel drive you lose 20 to 30 percent to the wheels. Ive seen stock runs with no mods go around 160 to 162 whp. At 190 thats almost a gain of 30whp not bad at all. You might get more at the dyno at cooler temps. Oh yeah, it might be third gear is where you want it at. Since you have an automatic, you might want to shift down to d3 and let the car shift to 3rd on its own then gun it right before redline. 4th gear is a 1 to 1 ratio and there is really no pull. You might be able to get more hp by running a 3rd gear pull.

·
Premium Member
23,314 Posts
Those numbers do not look bad. Stock is 205 to the flywheel and with a rear wheel drive you lose 20 to 30 percent to the wheels. Ive seen stock runs with no mods go around 160 to 162 whp. At 190 thats almost a gain of 30whp not bad at all. You might get more at the dyno at cooler temps. Oh yeah, it might be third gear is where you want it at. Since you have an automatic, you might want to shift down to d3 and let the car shift to 3rd on its own then gun it right before redline. 4th gear is a 1 to 1 ratio and there is really no pull. You might be able to get more hp by running a 3rd gear pull.
Now thats just cheating......

mid 160's to low 170's is common for an auto IS to have stock. ALSO 210hp at the crank is whats claimed. On a mass produced engine youre bound to get a few freaks that make more and that make less stock...how or why no one knows. My car With only a JoeZ was 1-2 hp and 1-2 lb/ft of torque higher all the way across the dyno except a 500rpm spike from 53-5800RPM Compared to another member on here's car who has a full intake, header, and catback. (stock Y) We did back to back runs both were manuals. Why was this so? Who knows....Is mine a freak? did his suck? Again, who knows

·
Registered
680 Posts
I still think they should have offered either a the 4.3 v8 or the GTE from the factory

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did see it 200 on the dyno computer when he did a test pull in 3rd gear twice I think... but he did the rest of the pulls in 4th. He did I think 6 pulls.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts

mid 160's to low 170's is common for an auto IS to have stock. ALSO 210hp at the crank is whats claimed. On a mass produced engine youre bound to get a few freaks that make more and that make less stock...how or why no one knows. My car With only a JoeZ was 1-2 hp and 1-2 lb/ft of torque higher all the way across the dyno except a 500rpm spike from 53-5800RPM Compared to another member on here's car who has a full intake, header, and catback. (stock Y) We did back to back runs both were manuals. Why was this so? Who knows....Is mine a freak? did his suck? Again, who knows
Yeah every car has it's own sweet spot never each the same. He does have a safc on his and that does make a difference. There's another dude on this forum that posted 210whp Na somewhere. There is only so much you can do on a NA engine when playing around with Volumetric efficiency.

I did see it 200 on the dyno computer when he did a test pull in 3rd gear twice I think... but he did the rest of the pulls in 4th. He did I think 6 pulls.
He is supposed to pull on 3rd gear. IS stock has nothing on 4th. The 200whp on 3rd is what you really have and that is Tiggggght! for bolt on mods. Oh yeah he shouldn't use the eshift when on the dyno.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He is supposed to pull on 3rd gear. IS stock has nothing on 4th. The 200whp on 3rd is what you really have and that is Tiggggght! for bolt on mods. Oh yeah he shouldn't use the eshift when on the dyno.
Nice I am not disappointed anymore! LOL... I might take it to another place to get it dynoed... just to make sure they do it right!

Note to self do not use e-shift and and try to stay in 3rd gear.

·
Registered
124 Posts

To be exact it is 215 HP and 218 FTLB at the crank.

Why not use the e-shift for a dyno run? I used mine at the dyno and everything was fine. Also you should be in 4th gear when doing a pull because that is the closest to a 1:1 ratio for our gears. Just my two cents!:bigSmile:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts