Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am not around the car right now to crawl under and see, but I have a '03 IS300 and I am creating some schematics for an engine harness and I can't seem to know if the '03 IS300 with a w55 is a 2 or 3 wire speed sensor. The wiring I found shows two pins, this is also a 2002 schematic though too.. From what I see the '02 and '03 are different. I looked up the part number on Lexus parts and it appears the speed sensor is a (3) wires. Can anyone confirm

Here is a quick sneak peak of the wiring for a few sensors. I will be using a Link Fury ECU which I already purchased, and I am currently building the harness. I made this schematic look like the Toyota diagrams people use to make it easier when comparing data.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bumps will not help if no one knows. You will need to look yourself.
My guess is #1, people may not know (which these cars have been out FOR nearly 2 decades.. so who knows), or people are with holding the information :p.

Anyhow I finally had time to go to the car and look and my 03 is a three wire sensor. I will try to find wiring for a three wire setup on these cars. I only have a wiring diagrams for a '02 which may be different.

Case closed on this one.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I dont remember how many wires my vss had on my 04. I ended up grabbing the vss signal from the traction control ecu under the drivers dash. I had to add a wire to the connector because manuals don’t use this vss source, only autos.

The AEM uses wheel speed to calculate slip (drive wheel vs driven wheel). You then set up a table to allow X amount of slip per gear before the AEM cuts ignition/fuel. I bet your Link is similar. If you plan to enable traction control, you ought to go ahead and intercept the vss here as well. If you ever swap the transmission then the vss is already taken care of.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont remember how many wires my vss had on my 04. I ended up grabbing the vss signal from the traction control ecu under the drivers dash. I had to add a wire to the connector because manuals don’t use this vss source, only autos.

The AEM uses wheel speed to calculate slip (drive wheel vs driven wheel). You then set up a table to allow X amount of slip per gear before the AEM cuts ignition/fuel. I bet your Link is similar. If you plan to enable traction control, you ought to go ahead and intercept the vss here as well. If you ever swap the transmission then the vss is already taken care of.
Reason I was asking is I am making an entire new harness right now. The VSS switched power and ground can go right tot he EA1 connector, but the signal wire will be going to my Link ECU, and from there it will go to my AIM Strada 1.2 shown below. This just came in last week, so I am getting closer :D

·
Registered
514 Posts
It’ll be interesting to see how you interface the fuel gauge. That thing runs on voodoo. Too much complication engineered into it. Two floats, no low fuel sensor, reading calculated from ignition and maf data and compared against the float.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts