Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 is300 with 166k on it and i bought it and the guy had replaced the headgasket and timed it just didn't put the radiator back in and stuff like that. Well i got it and i wanted to do a compression test and im not getting any at all i have all the other gaskets and stuff from the head gasket kit i would assume the headgasket has been installed. I sill havent changed the oil so it got some coolant in it but i was just turning it over enough to get a reading and it does show anything.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
455 Posts
Check that the timing marks are aligned correctly. Also are you using the starter to provide the rpm? Or are you turning it over by hand to get a reading?

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
455 Posts
Valves are probably bent. Did the guy start the motor at all for you when you bought it? Sounds like a classic take your money and run. He probably knew there was something wrong internally and sold it because he probably messed something up. Sorry for be too direct. I suffer from the truth lol. Sucks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just bought a new engine with 100k for 500 from a motor and trans place. Can someone tell me the steps to pull it it did come with another wiring harness

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, please don't take this the wrong way, but if you bought a car without starting it up, this was a possibility! Sorry to hear...
I mean traded a 750cc street bike gocart and a 400cc 2stroke 4wheeler i only had about 400 in both of them so i thought it was a good deal even with a bad motor and the gocart was still a project needed shocks and shock mounts welded needed a new stearing rack too and header

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
455 Posts
Transmission should come out. When you pull the engine away from the transmission, there will be nothing supporting the transmission. It’s easiest to pull it all out tbh.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Transmission should come out. When you pull the engine away from the transmission, there will be nothing supporting the transmission. It’s easiest to pull it all out tbh.
Okay thanks ill just pull motor from the car with the trans attached

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do you know what the stock ride height is mine seems a lil low and south Carolina roads dont go with lowered cars lmao please help all ik is that the springs are red idk if that has anything to do with anything and my car is a black 03is300 stock

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
455 Posts
Do you know what the stock ride height is mine seems a lil low and south Carolina roads dont go with lowered cars lmao please help all ik is that the springs are red idk if that has anything to do with anything and my car is a black 03is300 stock
I don’t know the stock ride height. You can just raise the car back up some if you have adjustable springs.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts