Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One day i took my is300 on a cruise and it was running fine and came home and let it sit for a few hours and went to start it and it would crank but not start, checked the fuses and noticed my alternator fuse was blown and my fuel pump relay the casing around it is cracked, but i disconnected my battery and charged it because it started to die and so i came back a day later and reconnected the battery and now none of the dash lights work the only things that work are the door lights, interior light and headlights im very confused at this point, i bought a new alternator fuse but haven't put it in yet same with the fuel pump relay, my question tho is would a alternator fuse stop a car from starting or could it be something else? Im new to the lexus community and have had a is300 for about 3 weeks and again it was fine till it just died in my driveway

·
4,296 Posts
Alternator fuse only has to do with recharging the battery and providing power for continuous running. It will run off just the battery for a while. If fuses are good and relays with battery connections. You should check for spark and fuse.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts