Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine is looking at both cars and he can't decide which to get. He'll be modding either of his cars and even though an 6-speed CL-S will rape a 5-speed IS I think the RWD IS in the long run modded will smoke a CL-S.

If he got the CL-S he would most likely throw on a JRSC.

Any opinions?

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I also believe an IS300 is a better modding platform in comparison to the CL-S.

·
Premium Member
7,315 Posts
Can we say torque steer!!!
My aunt had one, though powerful, the torque steer is horrible. I hate to see it with more power.

Reactions: amitkc

·
Garage Pit Crew Chief
5,631 Posts
i test drove an 03 cl-s last year when buying the IS.. like meteoro says...TONS of torque steer...the manual is fun, the gears are nice and high revving, but it lacks low-end torque like all hondas, and honestly, I didnt think the steering was half as responsive as the IS' .. which is not saying much :rolleyes:

·
Registered
661 Posts
They're FWD boats, understeer when pushed to the limit, and have loads of torque steer. But in a straight line, the IS300 does not really have a chance.

·
Registered
132 Posts
MonStar1120 said:
A friend of mine is looking at both cars and he can't decide which to get. He'll be modding either of his cars and even though an 6-speed CL-S will rape a 5-speed IS I think the RWD IS in the long run modded will smoke a CL-S.

If he got the CL-S he would most likely throw on a JRSC.

Any opinions?
The Acura CL-S is a LAME CAR that I see nothing but Dweebs driving. The same goes for the last generation TL. The CL was a big failure for Acura. The most recent redesign lasted 2 years. Tell your friend to get a car that the manufacturer didn't give up on.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Spoonie G said:
The Acura CL-S is a LAME CAR that I see nothing but Dweebs driving. The same goes for the last generation TL. The CL was a big failure for Acura. The most recent redesign lasted 2 years. Tell your friend to get a car that the manufacturer didn't give up on.
By your standards, the Supra is not a good car either because the manufacturer gave up on it.

Just because its not made anymore does not mean its not a good car. :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts