Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A co worker of mine drives a 330ci and although on paper the 2 cars seem pretty similiar his car seems so much faster than mine although we never ran side by side. I did a search and it seems that the bmw gets the early jump and maintains 1-2 car lead up to about 80 mph, but this is what an e-shift is300. Is the stick any different? What could I do to beat the bmw and regain braggin rights w/o going forced induction? thanks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I friend of mine also has a 330Ci...14.4 for the quarter, so a little faster than the IS, but if you're a better driver it could be close...

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
SRT Intake and a HKS Hiper exhaust should do the trick. ;)

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
there is no way you'll hang with that car if it runs a 14.4, you could turn a low 15 at best, and most likely you'll turn a 15.4 or 15.5 .

-gte

·
Registered
120 Posts
It all depeds on the driver...I have frequently seen 330's pull low 15's at the track...14.4 is a great time for a 330, high 14's would be more common

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
Ive raced a 330 auto on the street, and we were about as close as your could be. Neither one of us pulled on each other up to 80.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
PoloBoy168 said:
A co worker of mine drives a 330ci and although on paper the 2 cars seem pretty similiar his car seems so much faster than mine although we never ran side by side. I did a search and it seems that the bmw gets the early jump and maintains 1-2 car lead up to about 80 mph, but this is what an e-shift is300. Is the stick any different? What could I do to beat the bmw and regain braggin rights w/o going forced induction? thanks.
Get used to driving/launching your car and let us know!

I did fairly well in my 01 against a 330Ci auto. I lost at 70-75mph with my front end at his mirror - I let him instigate and hit the gas first at a slow roll at a light.

In my 02 I beat a manual 330Ci from a hard launch which I let the him instigate again. We raced to about 60-70 and he was at my front door. I felt I had a great launch compared to him and at the time I had a TOMs drop in and HKS Hiper exhaust. In this case I think the launch made all the difference (it sounded like he didn't let off the clutch all the way causing a slipping effect or it could've been his tires were slipping). At any rate I have driven a 330 so I agree with you that it feels faster.

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
I find that hard to believe as I have pretty good back ground with the 330, with a pro driver and motor work you could get these times, maybe with exhaust and intake and the Shark II, I just don't invision the average Joe running these times with boltons.

With the mods i have i pulled a 330I A/T he had exhaust and it sounded like an intake with an extra passanger in my car, i beet him 2 out of 3 runs the run i lost was up hill so i assume the extra weight made more of a diffrence, the first two runs where on flat road.

IS300GTE said:
there is no way you'll hang with that car if it runs a 14.4, you could turn a low 15 at best, and most likely you'll turn a 15.4 or 15.5 .

-gte

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2002QuattrO said:
I friend of mine also has a 330Ci...14.4 for the quarter, so a little faster than the IS, but if you're a better driver it could be close...
14.4? that's damn fast...is that stock? thats' almost a full second faster than the IS. I plan on getting the PLP intake and still debating which exhaust to get but u guys think with I/H/E i'll be able to take him?

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
Nope there is no way that car was stock, they either lightned the car or bolted something on to add power.

BMW 330I M/T, 6.1 seconds to reach 60 mph and 14.8 seconds to run the quarter-mile at 95 mph

I would have to have been present the day someone ran a 14.4 in a stock 330 before i would believe it...

rllis300 said:
2002QuattrO said:
Shit...My bad 14.4 is for the manual tranny, you wanted auto times...
Still, 14.4 in the manual Bimmer is quicker than the IS MT. :(

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
CarbonIS300 said:
Nope there is no way that car was stock, they either lightned the car or bolted something on to add power.

BMW 330I M/T, 6.1 seconds to reach 60 mph and 14.8 seconds to run the quarter-mile at 95 mph

I would have to have been present the day someone ran a 14.4 in a stock 330 before i would believe it...

rllis300 said:
2002QuattrO said:
Shit...My bad 14.4 is for the manual tranny, you wanted auto times...
Still, 14.4 in the manual Bimmer is quicker than the IS MT. :(
WORD!!! Not saying it can't be done, but it just dont seem right.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts