Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A co worker of mine drives a 330ci and although on paper the 2 cars seem pretty similiar his car seems so much faster than mine although we never ran side by side. I did a search and it seems that the bmw gets the early jump and maintains 1-2 car lead up to about 80 mph, but this is what an e-shift is300. Is the stick any different? What could I do to beat the bmw and regain braggin rights w/o going forced induction? thanks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I friend of mine also has a 330Ci...14.4 for the quarter, so a little faster than the IS, but if you're a better driver it could be close...

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
SRT Intake and a HKS Hiper exhaust should do the trick. ;)

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
there is no way you'll hang with that car if it runs a 14.4, you could turn a low 15 at best, and most likely you'll turn a 15.4 or 15.5 .

-gte

·
Registered
120 Posts
It all depeds on the driver...I have frequently seen 330's pull low 15's at the track...14.4 is a great time for a 330, high 14's would be more common

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
Ive raced a 330 auto on the street, and we were about as close as your could be. Neither one of us pulled on each other up to 80.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
PoloBoy168 said:
A co worker of mine drives a 330ci and although on paper the 2 cars seem pretty similiar his car seems so much faster than mine although we never ran side by side. I did a search and it seems that the bmw gets the early jump and maintains 1-2 car lead up to about 80 mph, but this is what an e-shift is300. Is the stick any different? What could I do to beat the bmw and regain braggin rights w/o going forced induction? thanks.
Get used to driving/launching your car and let us know!

I did fairly well in my 01 against a 330Ci auto. I lost at 70-75mph with my front end at his mirror - I let him instigate and hit the gas first at a slow roll at a light.

In my 02 I beat a manual 330Ci from a hard launch which I let the him instigate again. We raced to about 60-70 and he was at my front door. I felt I had a great launch compared to him and at the time I had a TOMs drop in and HKS Hiper exhaust. In this case I think the launch made all the difference (it sounded like he didn't let off the clutch all the way causing a slipping effect or it could've been his tires were slipping). At any rate I have driven a 330 so I agree with you that it feels faster.

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
I find that hard to believe as I have pretty good back ground with the 330, with a pro driver and motor work you could get these times, maybe with exhaust and intake and the Shark II, I just don't invision the average Joe running these times with boltons.

With the mods i have i pulled a 330I A/T he had exhaust and it sounded like an intake with an extra passanger in my car, i beet him 2 out of 3 runs the run i lost was up hill so i assume the extra weight made more of a diffrence, the first two runs where on flat road.

IS300GTE said:
there is no way you'll hang with that car if it runs a 14.4, you could turn a low 15 at best, and most likely you'll turn a 15.4 or 15.5 .

-gte

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2002QuattrO said:
I friend of mine also has a 330Ci...14.4 for the quarter, so a little faster than the IS, but if you're a better driver it could be close...
14.4? that's damn fast...is that stock? thats' almost a full second faster than the IS. I plan on getting the PLP intake and still debating which exhaust to get but u guys think with I/H/E i'll be able to take him?

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
Nope there is no way that car was stock, they either lightned the car or bolted something on to add power.

BMW 330I M/T, 6.1 seconds to reach 60 mph and 14.8 seconds to run the quarter-mile at 95 mph

I would have to have been present the day someone ran a 14.4 in a stock 330 before i would believe it...

rllis300 said:
2002QuattrO said:
Shit...My bad 14.4 is for the manual tranny, you wanted auto times...
Still, 14.4 in the manual Bimmer is quicker than the IS MT. :(

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
CarbonIS300 said:
Nope there is no way that car was stock, they either lightned the car or bolted something on to add power.

BMW 330I M/T, 6.1 seconds to reach 60 mph and 14.8 seconds to run the quarter-mile at 95 mph

I would have to have been present the day someone ran a 14.4 in a stock 330 before i would believe it...

rllis300 said:
2002QuattrO said:
Shit...My bad 14.4 is for the manual tranny, you wanted auto times...
Still, 14.4 in the manual Bimmer is quicker than the IS MT. :(
WORD!!! Not saying it can't be done, but it just dont seem right.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
8 Participants
UpTownIS300er
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing