Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to sell my '03 IS300 to get the top of the line '03 model 350Z track model. Also my relative that is getting it for me works for Nissan so he can get the car cheaper. Should I do it? Does neone else on here own one and could tell me the pro's and con's of the 350Z? Thanks.

·
Registered
463 Posts
two really different cars...sports sedan and a 2 seater road missle...depends what you need from the car and if you need a back seat?

I think the 350z is incredible....but I'm slowly building my IS for show and track... :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just got a 350z & I have a 2002 Is300 and I have to say both of them are incredible cars. It all depends on what you want. The 350's are pretty quick (my biggest complaint of the IS is that it's not fast enough!).. But it all depends on your taste.. If I were you I would stick with the Is just because it's 4 door.. Any more questions pm me...

Kel-E :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
get the Z and keep the both :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess I'll see what I can do and get the 350Z. But yeah, the IS300 isn't fast enough for me. Thats the main thing for me, but I must say it looks damn good.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Stevo said:
I guess I'll see what I can do and get the 350Z. But yeah, the IS300 isn't fast enough for me. Thats the main thing for me, but I must say it looks damn good.
Didn't you test-drive the IS before you obtained it? While a stock IS doesn't have a blazing 0-60 time, it's top track speed of 140+ mph is fast enough for me. :lol:

If you can swing it, keep the IS and get the Z as well. It doesn't make much sense to trade one '03 vehicle for another '03 vehicle. 8)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Given the choice of cars out there right now... the 350Z is definetely a great pick. It was quite a drastic change going from an automatic to a 6 speed. However, if I wasn't in a rush to get a new car after crashing the lexus... I would have waited for the 2004.

·
Registered
21 Posts
One complaint I've heard about the Z...

One thing that there's been problems with the Z is the seals around the hatchback, with wonderful wet spots on the carpet waiting for the owners after a rainstorm. So.... if you're going to put anything back there be warned! :eek:

·
Registered
210 Posts
try a corvette
+20k turbo = owned

corvette is built in a wind tunnel :eek:

that is why they haven't change their styling much, it just gets rounder and rounder.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmmm. Is that with all the 350Z's or just some of the models? Anything else going wrong with the new 350Z's?

·
Registered
305 Posts
If they're connected with Nissan, can they get the G35coupe any cheaper? Might wanna go that way and not miss the luxury side of things.
Track 350 is pretty close to loaded G35c as far as price and you got your 280hp.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
RICOIS300 said:
If they're connected with Nissan, can they get the G35coupe any cheaper? Might wanna go that way and not miss the luxury side of things.
Track 350 is pretty close to loaded G35c as far as price and you got your 280hp.
The 350z is a nice car for pure speed reasons but the interior is seriously lacking. The G35 coupe has a much cleaner interior and u definitely get more luxury but IMHO the back is freaking nasty. My advice is keep the IS cuz I feel its the best car looks wise for its price and you can always get F/I to make up the speed difference.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
About this Discussion
35 Replies
25 Participants
craaaazzy
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing