Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that we're officially into '04 I figured it was time to update my '02 GGP with the '03 cup holder. Got it from the .net store, thanks! Anyway after pulling out the old one I noticed that my car, an '02, already has an index mark for aligning the '03 cup holder into it's three possible positions. The mark lines up perfectly with the reference marks on the new holder.

Seems to me this new design must have been available in other markets much earlier than '03. Wonder why Lexus gave us that goofy one instead initially?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I had an 01 and when I bought that and fitted it in I thought of the same thing too. Isn't Lexus already have this designed but why aren't they releasing it. Funny, but I am glad it was there, now I don't have to worry my coke is going to slide back and forth anymore.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I had an 01 and when I bought that and fitted it in I thought of the same thing too. Isn't Lexus already have this designed but why aren't they releasing it. Funny, but I am glad it was there, now I don't have to worry my coke is going to slide back and forth anymore.

·
Registered
643 Posts
i think they stay with the same design on the car, but they made the new cup holder fitable.

·
Registered
113 Posts
My '03 cupholder isn't that great. A medium coffee fits OK, except the lid of the cup holder doesn't open wide enough to let the cup sit level...if I was drinking my Miller High Life's then I'd be fine, but you can't drink those in the car.

Agree?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.