Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i thought it was supposed to blink green. i triple checked my wiring and i still got a cel after 10 miles of driving. i bought the 02 sim used with my megan headers, and the guy that had it be4 said it was working. this is how i wired it. the 2 white wires soldered to the signal wires and i spliced the red wire from the 02 sim to one of the power wires and spliced the black wire from the 02 sim to the other power wire. btw i have an 01. please help me.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
you solder them to the right signal wires? and YOU did follow the 2001 diagram right?
your o2 sensors ARE Plugged in right?
Did you reset the Battery/ECU?

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
are you positive you used the ECU pinout for the 2001? 2002+ is slightly different

Reactions: vroomRollLEX

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i used sophiesleeps diagram and i triple checked, and they are soldered to teh right wires. all of my senors are plugged in and connected. i didnt reset my ecu cuz when i started it up the cel wasnt there anymore, and after i drove it, it turned on.

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
yea i used sophiesleeps diagram and i triple checked, and they are soldered to teh right wires. all of my senors are plugged in and connected. i didnt reset my ecu cuz when i started it up the cel wasnt there anymore, and after i drove it, it turned on.
Try resetting ECU, you should make sure the code is cleared and see what happens.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
well something is connected wrong cuz, obviously well i guess checking them for a 4th time doesn't hurt.
this is what yours looks like?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea ill try that. my friend has a code scanner so ill see what happens. but what about the blinking red light from the 02 sim?

Reactions: vroomRollLEX

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
blinking red is wrong, thats why i say double check it, its supposed to be a solid green or blinking green one of those, i forgot. DEFINEATLY NOT RED haha

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well something is connected wrong cuz, obviously well i guess checking them for a 4th time doesn't hurt.
this is what yours looks like?

exactly like that but the red and black are spliced into the wires.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
blinking red is wrong, thats why i say double check it, its supposed to be a solid green or blinking green one of those, i forgot. DEFINEATLY NOT RED haha
i just checked it again for the 4th time and its exactly wired up like the diagram.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
could be, it was used. o well. im used to having a cel anyways when one of the cats went bad. would the engine run right if one of the primary o2 sensors was damaged? like what would it do?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
its really low so you have to turn up your volume to hear it.
I have an exhaust leak on the flange in between the muffler and resonator so it gets raspy.
Megan headers, stock y pipe, stock b pipe. tanabe super mediallion racing muffler only.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wait i thought the 02 sensors for the cats didnt affect the car at all.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well im not in limp mode. it drives fine. i was just asking to make sure that i didnt damage my primary sensors.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
its really low so you have to turn up your volume to hear it.
I have an exhaust leak on the flange in between the muffler and resonator so it gets raspy.
Megan headers, stock y pipe, stock b pipe. tanabe super mediallion racing muffler only.

hmm..isn't the gasket a crush gasket between between B pipe and muffler? have any leak between header and stock y pipe?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i just replaced the crush gasket between the b pipe and muffler. i used the old o-ring gaskets in between the header and y-pipe.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts