Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an aftermarket header that does not have a bong for B2S2. I was thinking of rigging it to sensor the one before it. (that way it will shut off my CEL) Is there any side effects for this?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I bought an aftermarket header that does not have a bong for B2S2. I was thinking of rigging it to sensor the one before it. (that way it will shut off my CEL) Is there any side effects for this?
The only two sensors that matter are B1S1 and B2S1 thpse adjust the fuel. The BxS2's are emission controls. Knowing what CEL P code you have will help. However its most likly you have a P0430 or P0420. The best solution to this is tokensolutions (blacksportd on my.is) plug and play simulator. Tokensolutions.net.

By cutting into one signal for 2 banks will throw a code because the signals occilate.

If your header only has 1 bung for a sensor then you will have to get another bung welded in for the second sensor.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only two sensors that matter are B1S1 and B2S1 thpse adjust the fuel. The BxS2's are emission controls. Knowing what CEL P code you have will help. However its most likly you have a P0430 or P0420. The best solution to this is tokensolutions (blacksportd on my.is) plug and play simulator. Tokensolutions.net.

By cutting into one signal for 2 banks will throw a code because the signals occilate.

If your header only has 1 bung for a sensor then you will have to get another bung welded in for the second sensor.
I already know that my B2S2 is bad. I ran the OBD II. It was that heating sensor. but since i got the aftermarket header that does not have the bung for it, do i really need it? Like you said it is only emissions control, it does not affect the engine, but the CEL is annoying to see. I figured that if i did rig it to another sensor or something that it will just shut off.

OR does anyone know how to shut it off another way without rigging the dam thing besides replacing it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.