Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
luxurymotorworks is charging me $228.07 installed, to replace my 02 sensor. thats pretty much a rip off? where have all of you that changed it, get it done?

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
i did it myself, but the O2 cost me 187 from the dealer.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont see a problem using an aftermarket sensor in this situation. i mean if people are getting rid of the check engine light by simply soldering the wires from the B2S2 to the B1S2 wires, and leaving the bad sensor on the y-pipe, then i doubt that using an aftermarket sensor would do any damage in the near future, or ever.

i am now being quoted about $190 installed, by a local body shop in town...
this is simply to just buy, and install the faulty sensor

i have another question though, is there ANY chance that this could be an electrical problem and my sensor is just fine? or would that be highly unlikely? i mean the sensors have about 80,000 miles on them, its probably just time to replace, right?

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
80K is about the life expectancy. Ask LMS if they can just split the wires to both controls to make the code go away, and ask them how much.

Or if you are a 2003 or older, get an O2 sim and wire it in.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Seven said:
Or if you are a 2003 or older, get an O2 sim and wire it in.
dont do it in states with an inspection.. you will get a Tampered on the emissions report which is a bad thing :)

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
how would they know, if you wired it in and hid it under the carpet? ;)

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think im just going to replace the sensor. my question, however, is, is this cel for sure because of the sensor? most likely my wires are fine right?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts