Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the new rearview mirror with the built-in compass can be installed in the '01? Assuming the mount is the same, the only other issue I can see would be obtaining power.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Even if it has the same mount as the '01, I wouldn't buy one from Lexus. I was also thinking of getting one until the parts manager at my local Lexus dealer quoted me the price of $600 for the one on an RX300!!! You better off getting one from donnelly.com for around $200, but the mounting will be on the windshield.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
But the Donnelly.com auto-dim mirror is only for one......

Lexus has all three (3) dimmed.

So If that's the case, if the quote for $600 includes all 3, then not a bad deal at all.....

[ August 08, 2001: Message edited by: dude ]

·
Registered
5 Posts
No, it's $600 just for the interior rear view mirror with compass. I didn't ask about the side mirrors after hearing that ridiculous price which doesn't even include installation.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I never found the headlights in the rear view mirror bothersome. Acutally I don't even want to use the dimming feature in my RX. The auto dimming feature prevents me from reading the headlights to know whether a police cruiser is behind me, which is bad.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Originally posted by S20002IS300:
The auto dimming feature prevents me from reading the headlights to know whether a police cruiser is behind me, which is bad.
EXACTLY!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts