Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I went to see the car today at the dealership. Pretty reasonable for a Mercedes. However they told me no leather till October so i was kinda upset. I think i am going '02 IS300. Though the 6spd intrigues, the rear of the car is alittle too high for me and the cloth on the interior is a major turn off.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
I absolutely hate the instrument cluster because the curve of the numbers makes it a little hard to read. My other subjective complaints are: ugly 3 spoke steering wheel, ugly rims, awful radio interface, no HID option, the steering wheel design blocks the turn signal/wiper stalk, use of foot parking brake....but other than that, it's a good deal if you get the stripper model. I don't particularly care for the oversized moonroof (bargain at $995 though), but I'd get a stripper C-class hatchback anyway (don't need power seats, leather, automatic, heated seats, etc.), although I would consider the Bose audio upgrade (~$600).

[ August 03, 2001: Message edited by: JW ]

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I wonder if this is the same supercharged engine in the SLK230 and previous version of C230. If it is, then I suggest you reconsider before you get a C230. I have know 3 people who have SLK230, and my brother has a C230, and I can tell you that the supercharger setup is a crap. 3 of these 4 cars all had problem with the supercharger, and two of them being the SLK. The SLK's problem was with the fuel mixture. It was something to do with the plenum I think and the problem is that fuel vapor will actually escape out of the engine when you step on the gas. Good thing my friends do smoke. Then there is my brother's car. First, there was this loud metal noise on the right passenger side. The dealer initially thought it was the exhaust, so they tighten the bolts and the noise went away for a while, then it came back again. When we took the car back to the dealer, they eventually said that the supercharger's bearing is bad. This car only had about 30K miles at the time and it had a bearing failure on the supercharger? And I thought my old Eclipse was a junk.
Also, MB service suck. They advertise that they have loaner car, but it turn out to be a rental car. You have to buy additional insurance if you want to drive far (by far they mean like 30 miles), and then you got to fill gas up after you drive. And this was at the largest, and suppose to be most reputable dealer in So. Cal.
Anyway, think twice before you get a MB. We gave MB a chance, and I think that pretty much stop us from ever buying the car again.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
It's the same engine. Which dealer are you referring to, Daniel? Penske?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Everybody has their own opinion, but the C230 coupe is butt ugly, IMO.

[ August 03, 2001: Message edited by: lyndon_h ]

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah Fletcher is an awful dealer...we went thier to get my uncles g/f a C240... she was ready to sign the papers but the guy that gave us a test drive was a total ass and after the test drivehe jsut walked into the building and didn't comeback...without sayinga word.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.