Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a manual 02 IS300 that I have just put a 1jzgte VVTI in. I'm using the stock 2jzge loom and ecu and controlling fuel with an Apexi AFC Neo.

I am having constant issues with the fuel trims going to extremes (both - and +) which obviously changes the AFRs.

When I reset the ECU, the trims go back to zero and the car runs great. But after a day or 2 of driving, the trims either go to -29 or +29 and this drastically changes the tuning that is being done via the AFC Neo. I can't leave the trims at that level and re-adjust the AFC because the trims are not constant (cruising vs WOT).

I only have 1 of the stock o2 sensors connected, and am thinking of splicing the 2 pre-cat sensors into the 1 remaining o2 sensor so that the ECU at least reads something. I am fine with a CEL being on all the time for the other o2 sensors being removed, but just trying to get the fuel trim levels to remain consistent.

Anyone have any ideas on how to achieve this? I have been googling for days but can't really find much info.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Ditch the AFC, it’s no good for an OBD2 vehicle. That’s the only way. You need management that can directly control the fuel injectors - piggyback (emanage ultimate or AEM FIC) or standalone (Infinity, proefi, etc) or a twin ecu setup ( 1jz ecu + Lexus ecu). You’re modifying the MAF sensor via the AFC. So when you remove airflow to pulse the injectors slower, you’re adding timing. It’s a recipe for disaster. On an OBD1 car the AFC was king, but modern cars are just too smart for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
[QUOTE = "Kris OK, publicación: 8292849, miembro: 221234"]
Deshazte de la AFC, no es bueno para un vehículo OBD2. Esa es la única manera. Necesita una administración que pueda controlar directamente los inyectores de combustible: piggyback (emanage ultimate o AEM FIC) o independiente (Infinity, proefi, etc.) o una configuración de doble ecu (1jz ecu + Lexus ecu). Estás modificando el sensor MAF a través del AFC. Entonces, cuando elimina el flujo de aire para impulsar los inyectores más lentamente, agrega tiempo. Es una receta para el desastre. En un automóvil OBD1, la AFC era el rey, pero los autos modernos son demasiado inteligentes para eso.
[/ CITAR]

existe algún arnes plug para las dos computadoras ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts