Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
If you loose, give me your address so that I can fly down there and slap you. :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
GXPPOWER said:
not sure what the M/T stands for manuall trans? but the cobalt ss will beat a stock IS 300. their no slouch at all. and their light.

i gotta doubt this seriously. Low on torque, low on hp and they only have 200lbs on the IS.

Highway runs NO DOUBT go to the IS every day of the week.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
alex619 said:
My friend jsut bought the first 06 cobalt ss s/c in san diego. i was wondering how we'd hold up against him.

205 [email protected] 5600RPM
200 tq @ 4400RPM

thats the power they make out of a supercharger?

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
He'll probably put at least a car on you from 1-3 gear. Our 3rd thorugh 5th gears are much stronger than theirs though. You'll be more pleased from a roll. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Hirun said:

thatss what they make out of a 4 banger. 2.4 litre
that little thing can make a lot more power. he just one pulley away from a lot more ponies. and more breaks to hahahaha

everyone laughed when dodge said they were turbo'ing the neon. and claimed 240 hp to the crank. wehn that little thing puts 230 to the wheels.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He took me off the start and overrevved in first and i think he missed 3rd gear but by then he had a car length on me nad he didnt want to race anymore until he broke in his engine. waiting for highway runs and from a roll. and its only a 2-litre by the way not 2.4.

He let me drive it after and its got some power behind it and good throttle response but the clutch sucks ass, it's really...uhh..."springy"
and it moved left to right alot too...weird

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
handsofstone said:
thatss what they make out of a 4 banger. 2.4 litre
that little thing can make a lot more power. he just one pulley away from a lot more ponies. and more breaks to hahahaha

everyone laughed when dodge said they were turbo'ing the neon. and claimed 240 hp to the crank. wehn that little thing puts 230 to the wheels.
Good luck with Chevy motors, and out of a 2.4L supercharged only making crap of 200hp and torque. "whooo BANG".

I laughed this weekend when some guy with a SRT-4 got boost happy racing a Z06 vette and threw a piston OUT the fucking head THROUGH the hood. So much for SRT-4's.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Hirun said:

u tihnk those #'s are bad?
2004 Audi 1.8TURBO only puts out 170 lol

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
onyxaltezza said:
u tihnk those #'s are bad?
2004 Audi 1.8TURBO only puts out 170 lol
TRUE. HAH! LOL

·
Registered
394 Posts
yeah but that's a 1.8 vs a 2.4L :pissed:
and that cobalt will post mid 14's stock. your IS won't. :cool:
numbers don't mean anything.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
b00st said:
This is true as well. I've seen it with my own eyes.

·
Registered
20 Posts
yea end of sotry coballt ss is faster than is 300. dont belive it to pester some cobalt guy. and run him gurantee you he will leave you
and look at their trap times. their not slow up top either. and like the other guy said with that super charger they can slap on extra pnies easily by putting smaller pulley's on. and the aftermarket for those things are gonna explode.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I lined up against one at the dragstrip about 2 months ago on a random grudge race night, was a pretty even run..

I have a e shift, some N/A mods and I run 15 flat, he looked completely stock...actually looked showroom clean like he had just bought the car...he ran a 15.1.

But i beat him by like 2-3 car lenghts becuase i killed him on the tree, but thats a different story. Dont think this guy was driving to the cars potential though. He was pulling like 2.4 60 foot times.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Melk_IS said:
I lined up against one at the dragstrip about 2 months ago on a random grudge race night, was a pretty even run..

I have a e shift, some N/A mods and I run 15 flat, he looked completely stock...actually looked showroom clean like he had just bought the car...he ran a 15.1.

But i beat him by like 2-3 car lenghts becuase i killed him on the tree, but thats a different story. Dont think this guy was driving to the cars potential though. He was pulling like 2.4 60 foot times.
15.1 with a bad driver sounds right....now if it was a good driver...easy into the 14's stock....plus the guy should really wait and let the engine break itself in and let everything settle in nice before dragging it. i'm sure once the engine is broken in...it will do some decent damage. when i bought my G35 i did as they said let it break in...and they were right about it. cuz i drove a demo with about 12k on it and that felt a lot quicker even my wife noticed the difference in power. give the engine a little grace period and i'm sure it will tear at the track especially for being 205HP. gotta give credit where credit is do. 2.4 60 foot is horrible.

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
b00st said:
Neither do 1/4 mile times. If the 1/4 mile run is the best measure of a cars ability, then live-axle RWD cars are the best.

But, this is not the case. Anyone have a C-SS in the chicagoland area? I'll happily run that thing from 80-130.

I've already dumped on the Accord V6 6spd from 100-up (check the vids, kids), so i SERIOUSLY doubt the SS can do better, even with a pulley.

Up top, no go for SS. On road course, no go for SS.

Oh, and good drivers have gotten into the 14s with the IS.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts