Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went to the Toronto Auto Show. I saw the 02 IS300, with all the features that had mention before and one more special thing is that IS300 with a blue big calipers and slot rotors, its look very good, are this also the new feature?? I don't know why I didn't ask the sales there??

Also the SC 430 also look very good.

So jealous the 02 owner............

·
Registered
219 Posts
The St. Louis car show sucks! I will never go to our car show again. I plan on going to Detroit next year....

------------------
TC
Spectra/Blue
17" Lexus Chome
'01 Nissan Pathfinder

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Sorry, don't expect to see blue calipers or slotted (or cross-drilled) rotors to make it to production IS's. Those are just fluff for the autoshow circuit.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Originally posted by ShoRoom_IS300:
The St. Louis car show sucks! I will never go to our car show again. I plan on going to Detroit next year....

Yeah, San Diego auto show sucked as well (in terms of the Lexus stuff). They just displayed a 2001 IS. They did have the SC430 out there with a skinny, blonde, large-breasted woman. That was cool.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just got back from the auto show too. The new 2002 IS300 looks great, the only difference I noticed was : Manual transmission, Navigation GPS, Full Leather, Arm Rest, side impact SRS curtains, 18 inch wheels (which I find un attractive) and the Blue Painted Brake capilars with a gold "IS300" logo stamp (which I doubt will be found on the production version).

I expected to see Auto Dimming Mirrors, but there was none.
The Sports Cross..............no comment. Although I was very dissapointed by the rear bumper, it had 2 fake solid plastic black mesh outlets (WTF?).

B&C Auto also had a Pearl White IS300 on display with the following MODS that I noticed: Gun Metal 5ZR rims, 5Ziggen Fireball Exhaust with Mid Pipe, and a Greyish TOMS/TRD (Forgot) Front LIP Spoiler. I think the IS had the Cloth seat B-PKG. I wonder if it belongs to anyone in this forum.... I was analysing the exhaust very much and one of the BC auto guys didn't appreciate it very much, then I noticed the "DO NOT TOUCH SIGNS" Whoops! =D I guess if it was my car being displayed I would not want anyone to touch it either.......
If the car belongs to anyone in the FORUM I appoligize for touching your 5Ziggen Fireball EXHAUST.

There was also an interesting vendor at the SHOW who distributes TEIN suspension. Apparently it is located in Waterloo...Has anyone had experience with this vendor?

.....They didnt have the New Z, 911GT2, 2002 AUDI A4 and the RSX!

Overall, the show was the same old "Toronto" Auto show Very Dissappointed

·
Registered
103 Posts
Originally posted by BigDaddyRich:
Im just waiting for the NYC International autoshow in Javits Center...
Me too. Should have my new IS by then. Maybe that could be a potential spot for a NYC meet. I would like to see how that carbon fiber kit that you have looks up close. Is the show gonna be in may or april this year?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Will the 2002 IS have the same rims as they currently have? I really like the current design....they are kewl

[This message has been edited by arc300 (edited February 20, 2001).]

·
Registered
103 Posts
Originally posted by BigDaddyRich:
thats cool... where in Queens Are you? what color IS you got? The Carbon Fiber looks really nice. Not Ricey at all.
I am in Rosedale, Queens. I haven't got the car yet..after shopping around at dealerships. I got a good offer for a fully loaded SBM for 30,300 at Ray catena in NJ(prices are definitely coming down)I will be purchasing the car at the end of March, beginning of April. I am trying to put a little more down and I am holding out for a SBM/Black interior..which is a hard combo in NY right now. Dealers have to swap or order. I was the guy who almost got roped into a silver. Lexus of Manhattan is a rip-off by the way. Still quoting 35 to 36,000.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I saw somewhere (an after market sales ad, I think it was) that there's suppose to be one with TOM's (?) body kits on at the T.O. autoshow. Does anyone know what I'm talking about or has anyone seen it? I didn't go over to the after market sections.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts