Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
If he's just got an exhaust my money is on the IS. If he knows how to launch it he might edge you out a bit off the line but you should catch up to him. Don't underestimate the GSR's however. I've seen some fast ones.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
since its a 94, its old and engine is raced out, it wont do much good, i think our IS can take it, but it it was a new GSR say 99+ itll take us, but it sitll depends on the driver

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
Get an SRT intake and there won't be too many GSR's with Just boltons even comming close I/H/E and he might keep up...

·
Registered
9 Posts
A GSR with intake and straight pipe exhaust might stay or pull on you. The race should be close and there is only one way to find out. R...A...C...E...

·
Registered
67 Posts
2001LexusIS300 said:
since its a 94, its old and engine is raced out, it wont do much good, i think our IS can take it, but it it was a new GSR say 99+ itll take us, but it sitll depends on the driver
This is not a very smart statement at all.... :shame: Just because its old doesn't mean its slower.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
I actually have both of the cars you're talking about (95 GS-R i/h/e). I ran low 15's at the track. 0-60 the GS-R would win, anything above that the IS should.

·
Registered
932 Posts
jfro6512 said:
I actually have both of the cars you're talking about (95 GS-R i/h/e). I ran low 15's at the track. 0-60 the GS-R would win, anything above that the IS should.
Low 15's sound about right. But there are some badass drivers out there that can run high 14's with that kind of setup. This one guy that used to work at Jotech ran a 14.9 with just an intake and the back and front seat stripped out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yup, low high 14's are attainable. I was crying when i got my time slip. "Low 15's WTF." I blame it on the bad launch, and the 14" steelies i was using, it was like 5 inches wide.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
11 Participants
jfro6512
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing