Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
a small dealership around my area i saw an is300 for 14K with 68.5K miles

asking price is 14K i dont know if its a good deal considering the mileage and about 30K itll be at 100K..and maintenances will kill? any ideas if this is a good deal

its black on black half leather and carpet but includes a carbon fiber dash kit, strange eyelids, and a 10% tint i believe..good/ kinda great condition (other than that its completely stock) ..little elbow grease and it'll be tip top shape..but was wondering if bargain to 12.9 would be to much?

any ideas would be great.this is one of the lexus i had an eye for and its finally here..but the mileage is kinda high

and where can i find how to look up and down on a car before buying it to see if theres anything wrong with it and what not?

any ideas?

:)

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
mileage isnt that high. i got mine with 73k for $17.9k about a year ago. since then, the prices have gone down a couple thousand. mine is black on black 5 speed, so $14k isn't too incredibly high for a quality car that just needs a bit of TLC, esp if it has a good maintenance record. call up lexus with the VIN and see if you can get ahold of what's been done to it. $12.9k might be a good first offer but i wouldn't be disappointed walking out of there at $13.5 or so. just my $.02 good luck

·
Registered
34 Posts
I JUST picked up an 02 SprtX with 62k and I paid $16k...

As with any used car purchase, condition is your best measure...

I got mine in near pristene condition(bone stock, unmolested), underhood is flawlessly clean, interior the same. Mine came with all 4 keys... full owners manual, complete first aid kit.... I had mine inspected and there are no leaks, or seepage from anywhere.

I learned a bit more about mine today....... The original owner had ALL service done at the local Lexus dealer... INCLUDING oil changes!!! I have the complete records!
I also went into the dealership showroom and asked them to print out the equipment list("Vehicle Inquiry Report") that came with my car originally..... I found out my SprtX cost $35,929.00. That includes Leather/EscaineTrimmed interior, pwer sunroof, LSD, VSC(boooo), heated front seats. I sjhow a shipped date of 10/08/01 (with a selling date of 12/07/01.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hi chronics, bro your getting a deal. I'm getting a 2002 MSM IS300 5 speed manual with almost 78,000 miles for $15,000. I'm not really looking at other deals ebcause i checked this car for like 30 minutes with a car mechanic thats my good friend and we saw nohing wrong with it. But trust me, get that IS300, worth every buck.

·
Registered
174 Posts
wow very nice man. jump on that. i was gonna get a 72k miles for 16g... it is lexus/toyota so u should have a good 4 more years before u need major fix ups and even then it'll still be good.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Ill sell you my 03 MSM with 103k black leather auto for $13,500... indash kenwood dvd player and blacked out heads/tails/fogs... All maintenance is up to date...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kool

nice 2 hear..thanks for all the input..i just need a mechanic to inspect it 2 b4 i buy..its an auto..wish i can get an onyx in manual but thats super rare!

but now i have a toss up between an s2k =), 16.5 75K miles white on gold with blood interior..omg...when i finally decided on the is300 a brand new deal comes up...haha but then i have to work an extra few months to pay that extra 2 grand..=( but debating if its a good daily driver..

haha! my brain hurts!

=))

·
Registered
346 Posts
Honda s2000 good car too. Also hard to find manual shift is300's too, glad i found one with barely no mods (This is a 1 in 5,000 phenomenon for sure). I got 3 friends who have s2000's and they are good cars. Great gas mileage cars and VERY fun car to drive. Wicked handles and manuvering, alotta HP with a 2.4 litre engine. Only thing about this car that is holding me back to getting it would be it's a 2 door and very VERY small, small trunk space and interior space as well. Suitable only for you and a lady. Good luck with your buy, I prefer 4 door over 2 door. Enjoy.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm new to this sight, so hi everyone :) I just bought mine on the 23rd of Jan from a Lexus dealer...Haven't gotten it yet but from what he told me and out of the 50 or so close up pics I asked for, it's flawless (hopefully it'll be here Sat...already have close to a grand in parts sitting in the living room waiting to be put on :)

It's an 04 sprotdesign in thundercloud/light gray interior and charcoal rims, 5 spd MANUAL, loaded with sunroof, the optional sound system, LSD, full leather, (every option except nav., which I didn't want) completely stock and I found out from the original owner, it was garaged every day of it's life, has 17,495 miles, all maintenance at Lexus...it's certified with the 3 year/100k warranty and I got mine for 21K+TTT I dunno if that might be a little high BUT I don't think I could have found another one like it again, so I snatched her up :)

So, like everyone else is saying, for 14k (or possibly less) I'd jump on that deal like I did ;)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Honda s2000 good car too. Also hard to find manual shift is300's too, glad i found one with barely no mods (This is a 1 in 5,000 phenomenon for sure). I got 3 friends who have s2000's and they are good cars. Great gas mileage cars and VERY fun car to drive. Wicked handles and manuvering, alotta HP with a 2.4 litre engine. Only thing about this car that is holding me back to getting it would be it's a 2 door and very VERY small, small trunk space and interior space as well. Suitable only for you and a lady. Good luck with your buy, I prefer 4 door over 2 door. Enjoy.

Pretty sure its a 2.2 ... Isnt the motor a F22? My K20A swapped RSX use to lay pipe to S2000's... haha

·
Registered
148 Posts
Pretty sure its a 2.2 ... Isnt the motor a F22? My K20A swapped RSX use to lay pipe to S2000's... haha
Wel it all depends on what year you are talking about...it was a 2.0 from 00-03 (9k redline) and a 2.2 from 04 and up (8k redline)...All have 240hp (except for the 06 and up, which were downed to 237) but in 04 when they went to the 2.2, they gained 9 torque for 162 over the 153 of the 2.0. But whos counting, haha:p

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'd say that is a great deal man! I bought my 02 MSM for 25k out the door with 68k miles! I might be thinking I got a bad deal, but I still love the car regardless! Mine was originally 21k sticker price, but I added 2 year extended warranty. It has leather, Navi, DVD Screen, 20% Tint,, Manual and an iPod jack.

So.. yea.. I had the car about a week or so.. Then I came across a 2 year extended warranty thread. Saying that the 2 year extended warranty wasn't worth it. I know I didn't go to dealership more than three times within those two years. So, keep an eye out on that thread and read over it. Thats if they ask ya about the warranty. But other than that, good price on the car!

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'd say that is a great deal man! I bought my 02 MSM for 25k out the door with 68k miles! I might be thinking I got a bad deal, but I still love the car regardless! Mine was originally 21k sticker price, but I added 2 year extended warranty. It has leather, Navi, DVD Screen, 20% Tint,, Manual and an iPod jack.

So.. yea.. I had the car about a week or so.. Then I came across a 2 year extended warranty thread. Saying that the 2 year extended warranty wasn't worth it. I know I didn't go to dealership more than three times within those two years. So, keep an eye out on that thread and read over it. Thats if they ask ya about the warranty. But other than that, good price on the car!
WHoahhh, $25,000 for an 2002 5 speed with 68k miles? With navigation, leather, and dvd screen, it doesn't add an extra $10,000 to the sticker price. No disrspect, i think you got a abd deal on that. But hey man, you got the car now and I'm sure you will enjoy it for a while. Me, I'm planning to keep mine for a while, like 7-10 years. Enjoy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts