Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As promised, i have 4 videos of runs against my sisters Pontiac G6 GTP coupe.

Specifics:

G6: Stock, [email protected], [email protected], AUTO

IS: read sig.

We did highway runs since it evens out the manual vs. auto comparo, since there isn't really much of an advantage once at speed.

RIGHT-CLICK, SAVE AS, and enjoy my sisters commentary

60-100 G6 in full auto mode is given the jump before i commence, almost stopped running b/c of traffic (at 1am!?!?!?!), but after that pocket of traffic, it was open road.
http://mmsport.s5.com/pics/video/G6 GTP runs 60-100.avi
70-100 IS gets the jump, G6 in manual-auto mode
http://mmsport.s5.com/pics/video/G6 GTP run1 70-100.avi
70-100 G6 in manual-auto mode is given jump
http://mmsport.s5.com/pics/video/G6 GTP run4 fair.avi
semi-flyby/bro wasn't ready/exhaust clip
http://mmsport.s5.com/pics/video/G6 GTP runs 2 exhaust clip.avi

For your own good, always run races AT OR ABOVE 70mph, cuz you can see what 10mph does to the IS's ability to shake off contenders.

For only having an AEM intake, and HKS Super Drager Exhaust, my car sounds pretty badass at WOT.

Conclusion: THe G6 GTP is pretty quick, prolly faster than the IS from stoplight to stoplight, but on the highway, all it sees is custom LED taillights (if your car is so equipped).

I'm sure the 6MT would hold up a little better, but as the speeds increase, the worse off the GTP is, cuz on the way back, we did a run up to like 125 and he was WAY back there..

If you have any questions, i'll be here all week, be sure to tip your waitress, and now a few words from our sponsors...

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
:p I love it!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Interesting .. I wondered how the G6 was in the power department. BTW, sent PM on LED tails.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Inspar8r said:
If you have any questions, i'll be here all week, be sure to tip your waitress, and now a few words from our sponsors...
LOL

+rep for that

oh yeah, cool vids thanks :)

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
"ohh I want to beat him" lol Cool..now post some pics of your sister...j/k

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
you have a funny sis.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
and the videos of the sister is where?

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jeez guys, lemme see if i can find a pic, i told her about the comments and she was crackin up..

I'll have to demand heavy duty rep though if i do post pics..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Personally I think you are a jack*** for driving like that on a public highway if anyone of those cars you came up on changed lanes you would be toast . Maybe after you crash or get a huge ticket you will come to your senses. Driving youe is300 like that gives our car a bad rep its a lexus not a racecar.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
dennistctwin said:
Personally I think you are a jack*** for driving like that on a public highway if anyone of those cars you came up on changed lanes you would be toast . Maybe after you crash or get a huge ticket you will come to your senses. Driving youe is300 like that gives our car a bad rep its a lexus not a racecar.
not to be a jackass or anything but i think you are in the wrong forum then :/

95% of the threads are street racing than drag strips.

i believe the drag strips thread are now located at race related.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
dennistctwin said:

Have you read any of the other previous threads in this forum? Didn't think so, unless all 24 of your posts are in The Street bashing on people who street race. I'm not saying it's right, but that's what this forum is about. It is called "The Street" for a reason.

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
Nice vids man, +Rep. I ran a Pontiac GTP a week ago on film from like 35-75 mph and we were dead even in the beginning. I started to pull a little bit around 65 mph and at 75 his front bumper was at my rear door when we shut down. I presume he was auto and so am I. It was a nice run.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
IS300STeeZ said:
Nice vids man, +Rep. I ran a Pontiac GTP a week ago on film from like 35-75 mph and we were dead even in the beginning. I started to pull a little bit around 65 mph and at 75 his front bumper was at my rear door when we shut down. I presume he was auto and so am I. It was a nice run.
Which GTP did u run? If Im correct, all GTPs are supercharged EXCEPT the G6

Great vid. Im impressed esp that your sis would race that fast.

Youre gettin +rep 4 this one

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
dennistctwin said:

HAHAHAHA. Don't worry buddy, most of my racing goes on at a racetrack. However,I's rather pay a $75 ticket if we get busted than spend $150 to run both cars at a racetrack. Plus, find a track that allows you to run cars from 60-120.

If you can find that, i'll start doing it.

Plus, there were only cars the first run. Every run after that, we took off where the cars were, but there weren't any cars ahead where we were racing..

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
I'm not exactly sure which GTP it was.

G6 GTP 240hp
What does the S/C GTP have? 260hp?

I probably have a little less than 260hp.

YellowIS300 said:
Which GTP did u run? If Im correct, all GTPs are supercharged EXCEPT the G6

Great vid. Im impressed esp that your sis would race that fast.

Youre gettin +rep 4 this one

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The previous model Grand Prix GTP is a S/C 3.8 with 240hp.

The new GTPs have 260hp S/C V6s, and the GXP has 303hp NA V8s.

The G6 GTP is a NA 3.9 with 240hp.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts