Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to get your thoughts ... are these two comparable? Anyone look at the Subaru before getting an IS? My price range is in the low 20s ... used ... I like them both (looks, feel, drive, etc.) ... the AWD in the GT is pretty sweet though ... for around the same $$.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
You can compare any cars... hell you can compare and IS300 to a Ferrari 430 if you want. ;)

I like the Legacy as well. But I think the IS300 felt more refined than the Legacy. The Legacy is a nice car and all... but for some reason it felt "cheaper".

·
Premium Member
13,297 Posts
legacy is alot faster with the detuned STi engine it it. i love the looks of the legacy but it all goes down to style and reliability for me.

IS won me

·
Registered
159 Posts
Both have thier pros and cons. Go with the one that you feel in your gut. The one that you have the most passion for. If you put too much logic into it and go with that one, 6 months down the road you will be second guessing yourself and wondering what it would be like to be driving the other car.

·
Premium Member
13,297 Posts
lol if you didn't put enough logic into it wouldn't it be the same...

"i should have picked the othe car i should've done more researching...etc"

·
Registered
159 Posts
petaa7 said:
lol if you didn't put enough logic into it wouldn't it be the same...

"i should have picked the othe car i should've done more researching...etc"
Good point, let me provide more detail about my first post. This site is an enthusiast site. Based on this one can conclude that the majority of people participating in this site are enthusiasts as well. The original poster joined this forum only 2 1/2 weeks ago and in that time he has made 5 posts. If he were a typical non enthusiast he would had most likely visited this site once or so via a search and then found it not to be of his taste and left.

To me being a enthusiast has alot to do with gut feeling and passion over pure logic and cold facts. A large number of people on this site do aesthetic mods to thier cars. This does not generally increase the performance of thier cars (some minimal performance increases can occur) or add value based on price of the mod. We do these mods not because they are logical but because we have passion for our cars. So when I say, go with your gut feeling and ignore logic this is what I am pertaining to. If you want a car to go from point A to point B, logic should be used to determine your purchase. If you have a passion for cars forget logic and go with the one that sparks the fire in your belly. :bigSmile:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts