Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello!!

does anyone know if this was a marketing decision, an engineering decision, or a little of each ?

thanks for any input!!

take care,

:dave and krystyna

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yes, VSC is only available on the autos... and it's only available without LSD. If you want the LSD, you can't get the VSC...

Scrap.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well then how come I can build an IS on the Lexus site, and for my zip, they're showing an option package for the automatic that includes both LSD and VSC??? Inquiring minds want to know!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hmm... I'm glad to hear that this isn't true! I was talking to some guy at CarsDirect.com, and he verified what was on their site (which was where I originally got the info). Maybe that's all that's available to them at the current time? I'm really hoping that you CAN get both!

Scrap.

[ August 19, 2001: Message edited by: Scrap ]

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I think the the LSD will mess up the VSC system because it only allow one wheel to got a little faster then other.
just MHO

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think I figured it out. . .limited slip axle is included in the VSC option according to Kelly Blue Book (kbb.com), or you can get the LSD by itself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
rs
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing