Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have all of my parts ready for my ar-5 swap into my 05 auto Lexus and I'm looking to do a CEL free set up as i would like to not run a standalone until I get the rest of my parts for my turbo build. I know the auto trans on these years provide the speed input through the gauge to the ecu and what not and im just curious if anyone has done this swap on an auto of this year without running a standalone to keep the engine running right and with also keeping the "accessories" such as cruise, traction control, etc.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
im just curious if anyone has done this swap on an auto of this year without running a standalone to keep the engine running right and with also keeping the "accessories" such as cruise, traction control, etc.
You're going to have CEL's and the engine won't make full power. Basically what you're doing is like what I did with my V8 and AR-5.

If I was in your shoes, I'd find a manual IS300 ECU and use it instead of the auto-ECU. Then making it cel free is just a matter of getting the wiring right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I tried looking on the other posts, I've probably looked at 30 or 40 of them related to my situation and the majority of them are related to the 01 is300...which uses the wheel speed sensors for the cluster. That's basically my main concern. I know swapping the ecu for a manual one and repinning the harness (or swapping in a manual harness) will free the other codes...but with the 02 through 05 set up you'll run into more dtcs...around 10 in pretty sure because of the speed sensor used in the tranny...right? Since that sensor is used for so many other inputs? I guess ill have to tinker and look around on some more forums and maybe piece something together.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I saw that post but isn't that only for a stock w55 swap? Does swapping the 02 plus manual ecu use wheel speed sensor data for the gauge speedometer?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh my, that CLEARS so much for me. Thank you so so so much. You have made my night. I appreciate your help as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts