Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up an 01 recently as a daily. Has the Collins swap for the CD009 and a 3.7 lsd. I've been liking it. Nearly 240k miles on body and motor but it doesn't show that much. It has cloth interior so it's held up very well on the inside. Tiny wear spot on the drivers. You really go to look for it. People laugh when I point it out. I'm super picky. The drivers seat belt is the worst part of it. It came with another new eagle eye and I'm realizing now why that was. The drivers side fogs up. Some rock chips up front and little scuffs. Might replace the bumper and get a carbon fiber hood. The rear bumper has a little paint cracking. Nothing major. One tiny dent right above the passenger tail light that I'll work out with a pdr guy. Mostly focusing on maintenance and cleaning it up right now.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive side marker light
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Vehicle
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Light Automotive tire
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design
Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol you are starting to sound like me, i prefer the silent and smooth drive these days :LOL:
I'll be real with you. The CD009 swap isn't silent. Sounds like a sequential. But then again that's any car when you go from dual mass to a lightweight flywheel and hard mounts. It's make less noise then the Jap Rat next to it though. 🤣

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Little pic of what makes the truck so noisy. Maybe I'll swap motors with the is300 one day.🤣
Hood Trunk Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
2001 Lexus IS300 slicktop
458 Posts
Where in WA are you? PNW IS300 group on FB randomly has meets if you like to join. Either way, congrats on the car!

@Steve Theodore - was this the same car you were looking at?
I don't believe it's the same car but I would definitely have liked this one. Very nick acquisition!

Reactions: Peace

·
Registered
848 Posts
After owning a slightly modified evo 9, a turbo IS300, and a RCF with an exhaust system. I've been looking at a stock ass IS500 and not modifying it. Once I sell the IS300 and the Evo for the price I want, I'll probably get the IS500 or the LX600. My age is starting to kick in..haha.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts