Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since I don’t know anything about suspension, do you think you can elaborate a bit more on the whole concept and why I also need to change the struts?
I wanted to buy springs because one side of my car is higher than the other side and I thought this is caused by the springs…please correct me if I am wrong.
Thanks for helping guys!

·
Registered
543 Posts
01 handles better than 02+. 01 has stiffer springs and car sits 0.7 (according to Lexus spec) inches lower than 02+ (Auto and Manual). Performance number from Mags confirm higher lateral accelateration with 01, some may be attributed to different tires on 01.

I think the shocks are all the same. Ask your parts man to confirm.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SilverF16 said:
01 handles better than 02+. 01 has stiffer springs and car sits 0.7 (according to Lexus spec) inches lower than 02+ (Auto and Manual). Performance number from Mags confirm higher lateral accelateration with 01, some may be attributed to different tires on 01.

I think the shocks are all the same. Ask your parts man to confirm.
thank you very much

·
Threadlocker
7,912 Posts
btw you would more likely need to change the struts because struts periodically need changing. the gas or oil inside is used up through heat, or the seals are worn, so yeah.

in contrast, i have the original springs on my 1985 supra, and only in the past 3 years have they been needing a change.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.