Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the schematic or wiring diagram for the 2001 IS300 for the power locks? Only the driver's side door is necessary if that matters. I am trying to interface another remote switch to control the power locks. Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
lol not sure how electronic savy u are with it but are u trying to send a signal in to lock and unlock the doors, if so you need a relay and u have to go into the drivers door to do it

if ur tryin to get a signal pulse out of the lock system u can find it in the driver kick panel but it becomes a positive trigger signal as opposed to low voltage neg trigger signal when accessing inside the door

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm an electronics engineer so I have no problem at all attempting this, but I didn't want to start hacking my Lexus up. I figured if someone knew, why not ask. I'm planning on making a "Touch Cell" to be mounted behind a window [not sure which window] to allow it to unlock my doors once it is activated. I will place the touch cell behind my tinted glass so it is not obvious where it is located so no stranger can just touch it. I assumed I could just use a relay or transistor to tie into the power door lock rocker switch control line but I'm not sure. Any tips or advice before I get buried in this project would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts