Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Similar question as the guy below, except with a shit-ton more miles. Is it still worth it? Would I be able to turn around and trade it in for an 02 GGP manual?
How much more $$$ would I have to fork out?

I need input - :p

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow.. 25 views, and no-one can suggest if I should buy this or not?

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
That is REALLY high. I don't even have 45K on my 01

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
TeckniX said:
Similar question as the guy below, except with a shit-ton more miles. Is it still worth it? Would I be able to turn around and trade it in for an 02 GGP manual?
How much more $$$ would I have to fork out?

I need input - :p
How's the exterior and interior condition of the car?? If you know a trusted mechanic have the car checked out throughly or take it to a Lexus dealer and let them do the inspection (no sure what they will charge you). Also have the dealer ran the vin# and pull up the service history of the car. If the car is well maintained it will last for a long time...it's a Lexus/Toyota.
There are quite a few members here with over 100,000 miles on their ISs and their cars are still running like a top. Good luck! :)

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
150K is honestly NOTHING for this car. as long as the brakes and front end is OK..... I would never overlook any IS300 with high mileage. These cars are just BUILT WELL.

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
i agree with everyone. Yea, its a toyota, its built well, and runs forever. what i would do is check it against KBB for rade-in value, and check the 02 GGP for purchase, and that will give you a ballpark guestimate on what you will need to fork over.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I think it is a lot of miles but Lexus is a very reliable car. Just to be safe check it out mechanically, interior n exterior wise also 4 wear n tear.

·
Registered
873 Posts
buy the car for $5000, yeah sure u could sel it to someone for $10,000 and double ur money. make it happen first though.

·
Registered
661 Posts
As long as maintenance has been kept up and the car is in good shape, 150k is not much of a problem for our 2JZGE's. Check if the timing belt has been replaced, and if its an eshift auto, see if it shifts smoothly.

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
yes... I picked up my 120K '01 MSM for 14.5K
it was running great, dropped my GTE and Toyo tranny in. Sold the Long Block and Tranny..

·
11,061 Posts
Split2nd said:
That is REALLY high. I don't even have 45K on my 01
Me neither...just working on 40K
However, if the condition of the vehicle is good and you can get the maintenance records, I wouldn't be afraid of a high mileage one.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I think if I can get it for cheap I might go for it. I just got some pictures sent to me and it looks pretty good. I'll ask all the general maintenance questions and hopefully I can get it for around $10k - is that a bad price? KBB says it should be around $11,8 which isn't a great price but it's really not bad.

Anyone still has a valid carfax account and would like to run the VIN for me ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts