Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody raced a new Eclipse GTS? I've got a friend that has one that talks about it all day, but he won't race me. I'm just curious how I'd hold up. Btw, I've already searched and couldn't find any.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Hah, your friend's wise. I've run one twice from a dig. He was manual and so am I, both stock. I beat him both times by roughly three cars, shutting down at about 90mph. I was a little surprised.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm an e-shift and he's a manual. When I start telling people he's scared, he gets pissed and says hewill blow my doors off. So I'm grab my keys and he tells me he can't today b/c he's going out to ride his motorcycle. Same story every day. :(

·
Registered
689 Posts
IZZY RICH said:
Hah, your friend's wise. I've run one twice from a dig. He was manual and so am I, both stock. I beat him both times by roughly three cars, shutting down at about 90mph. I was a little surprised.
^^^
interesting

·
Premium Member
13,297 Posts
JHuff15 said:
I'm an e-shift and he's a manual. When I start telling people he's scared, he gets pissed and says hewill blow my doors off. So I'm grab my keys and he tells me he can't today b/c he's going out to ride his motorcycle. Same story every day. :(
does he think he is the wolf from the three little pigs?

you'll win if you race untill 85ish or so.

·
Registered
236 Posts
*sigh* if only the threads could be "stock is300 VS supra TT VS RX7 TT"

poor us but we have slow cars. i'm sick of all the "can't wait to race my friends neon sXt" and "who is going to win, me or the 4 cyl with a really bad driver?"

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
pay-me-now said:

poor us but we have slow cars. i'm sick of all the "can't wait to race my friends neon sXt" and "who is going to win, me or the 4 cyl with a really bad driver?"
but it's not a 4 banger vs IS :p it's a v6 200+ hp vs i6 215 hp, one being manual and the other auto. i think it's a fair race ;)

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
petaa7 said:
does he think he is the wolf from the three little pigs?

you'll win if you race untill 85ish or so.

Right, he'll win until 85ish, then absolutely kill the eclipse from then on. No contest. I love walkin those things on the highway...

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
pay-me-now said:
i think so too, my point being that i want our is300's to be FAST CARS. i'm only blamming LEXUS buddy...
..........you can make it fast you know.....and slaughter almost every other car out there. ;) all you need is $$$$$$ to spend on a turbo kit and you're set. :bigSmile:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
IS300_S said:
all you need is $$$$$$ to spend on a turbo kit and you're set. :bigSmile:
Can I have some??? You might think I'm either sick in the head or a little obsessed, but I literally had a dream two nights in a row that my IS was boosted. OOOHHHH it felt so real, and yet the reality is that I am so far away form having $8K-$10K to put towards boosting :( ...hurts so bad. I'm even considering selling mine and buying one that's already there (probably not gonna happen though, I can't floss in somebody elses whip)

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
get a wrx^^^^ i wanted boost so much that i almost traded in for one...lol....but for now im settled down and i guess this n/a IS isnt that bad lol

·
Registered
236 Posts
IS300_S said:
..........you can make it fast you know.....and slaughter almost every other car out there. ;) all you need is $$$$$$ to spend on a turbo kit and you're set. :bigSmile:
pay-me-now said:

STOCK you fool. i wish lexus gave us the gs430 engine... WOW, that would be nice

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
dadasups1 said:
get a wrx^^^^ i wanted boost so much that i almost traded in for one...lol....but for now im settled down and i guess this n/a IS isnt that bad lol
I was THIS close to buying my friend's '00 Neon R/t with an an '04 SRT4 conversion, running 12.20's at 18psi and steelies. Somehow, he couldn't afford to make the remaining payments, so he was trying to sell it to me for only $5,300, which was the balance on the lien. It got repo'd the same day I brought him the check...talk about disappointment.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts