Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the car with an overheating issue, guy installed the t stat backwards

230k miles on original wp so I put a gates kit in it, I pulled the fuel pump relay before bumping the starter to break the crank bolt free.

Car is back together, reinstalled the fuel pump relay but the pump isn't kicking on. Checked at the plug no power, jumped pins 3 and 4 on the relay, no pump. I've also checked the efi fuse and swapped the efi relay with the horn relay.

I feel like I didn't plug something in or am over looking something obvious, either way i've been staring at it for to long and my brain is gone, thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Did you disconnect the battery after cranking it over with the pump disconnected? Just wondering if the ECU isnt giving the fuel pump any power as the last time it couldnt make it work, or something silly like that. Resetting the ECU might make it look for everything again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the bat was off while the tb kit was installed, just checked, no power to the pins where the fuel pump relay goes

·
4,161 Posts
If you checked all your fuses and none are blown. Did you disconnect anything else to do some work?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to make extra sure, I just pulled the plugs from the ecu for 15 min and no change

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you checked all your fuses and none are blown. Did you disconnect anything else to do some work?
I'm not sure what i unplugged while doing the tb and wp that would cause this issue. I have checked the connectors and none are loose, but without knowing a specific one to look at closely i'm not sure. I also checked the efi fuses and swapped the relay

·
4,161 Posts
I said check all the fuses. How can you not remember every connector you unplugged. Just go over it like you where doing for the first time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've checked all the fuses under the hood and in both footwells. I've checked all the plugs even the coil pack connectors I replaced.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The only thing I figure is maybe i damaged the wire to the cps, I think that would prevent power to the relay. Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
new cps came in, now i have fuel and no spark :rolleyes:
confirmed timing is correct. Time to look for more plugs that are cracked or have loose pins

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
new coils gave spark but it would still crank forever but randomly it starts idles just fine, then back to crank no start. When it cranks only I'm getting spark and there's pressure in the rail.

I was finally able to catch it on video all accessories are off

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There is fuel at the rail, you think I should throw a fuel pump, filter and pr at it?

·
4,161 Posts
If the pressure is not right or the pump gets power then loses power. Those are the issues I am talking about.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so popped in a new denso pump, beck arnley fpr and filter just to find out the car is flooding itself so bad there's now gas in the oil :rolleyes:

Still think it was a good idea to replace that stuff, sock and filter full of sediment

I guess i should look for reman injectors now

1 - 17 of 17 Posts