I bought a 01 IS300 with 180k miles two years ago to use as a drift car.
I manual swapped it with an AR5 a few months after buying it.
In the front I have extended lower control arms, cut spindle, and I designed and machined a new lower ball joint/tie rod pickup for more angle.
I have BV toe and traction links in the rear as well as a welded diff. I also got an Apex exhaust and coil overs and have lowered it a bit. I’ve done some events and practice days with it and so far it has been flawless besides the harmonic balancer pully flying off at my last practice.
In April I got a 36k mile LS1 from a 02 Pontiac Firebird at a price I couldn’t refuse. My goal for the motor is to keep it stock for now but do all the reliability mods for drifting. I will also be using the AR5 I already have as there was a pretty simple adapter kit from Fabbot. I will be using a LS7 flywheel and clutch, as they work with the trans adapter kit. My engine came with an auto trans so I just needed the bell housing from that. I bought a Canton drift oil pan, trunnion upgrade, valve springs, lifters and a harmonic balancer. I also decided to replace all the seals, the motor has been sitting for almost 16 years.
About a month ago I started working on the engine and intended to swap it over Christmas. Once I removed the valley cover I saw the motor was full of sludge.
I am guessing the oil had been changed once at most in its short life. Wear looked minimal but there was sludge everywhere.
I ended up tearing it completely down and sent it out to get cleaned. I am still waiting for the shop to get it back to me so I can start rebuilding it.