Lexus IS Forum banner
121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 · (Edited)
Got her a new plate :)

I put on the front plate lol, after driving it for 5 mins on the freeway it began to start overheating. I then took the plate bracket and plate off and it was back to normal. Its weird that the bracket caused the wind to go around the top grill. So, I added some more cooling to the front of the car. It really didnt need it with the plate off, but I saw it done on a buddies racecar and loved the look.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
looks pretty good but the overheating isn't normal.....do you have a picture with the front plate on? it shouldn't have restricted air that much....
I dont have a pic of it on, but Im thinking with this radiator setup I need all the cooling I can get.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Nice looking car I cant believe I missed this one and your local to me I would love to see the car in person some time

·
Registered
32 Posts
My 01 2jzge has started giving me problems left and right here latey so I'm really thinking seriously about putting my car in the garage for the winter and swapping in a mildly built ls1 n/a. Ive already got the ls1 so roughly what will this swap cost me?

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
11,816 Posts
Contact sparky0025 for some engine and tranny mounts.

Then you'll need tranny, clutch, flywheel, wiring harness, PCM, fuel pressure reg (you probably already have this), custom driveshaft, exhaust system (you probably have this too)

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
Heres some pics and a vid of the 3.5" aluminum exhaust with Vibrant muffler that Jon @ MooreSpeed built, enjoy:

VIDEO:

·
Registered
728 Posts
Ya looks really nice..... must be hella loud!! Video no work tho

·
Registered
2001 Lexus IS300 slicktop
457 Posts
That's a hell of a setup! Congratulations and well done. :)

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I would love to pick your brain on some parts etc on the build. Not sure if your still around on here as this was a while ago.

I just picked up an lq4 and planning same numbers around 700-800. Wonder what all you did to motor and did you bore it out?

The turbo setup where can I find more info on getting these parts.

·
4,795 Posts
I would love to pick your brain on some parts etc on the build. Not sure if your still around on here as this was a while ago.

I just picked up an lq4 and planning same numbers around 700-800. Wonder what all you did to motor and did you bore it out?

The turbo setup where can I find more info on getting these parts.
Old thread, pretty dead. The member has not posted sense 2014. If you look at their profile info.

121 - 140 of 140 Posts