Lexus IS Forum banner
81 - 100 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
what part of ohio? I'm from there an on my next trip up there if this thing is gonna be at an event i wanna see it im getting my LS in my car soon and would love to see what this is like

·
Registered
95 Posts
:O pure hawtness. i was really hoping to find some light on wiring the bastardOs into our chassis(step by step) to have the stock IS cluster, etc functioning properly. Been searching around but no luck really.

mind doing a "how to install LS motor into IS300" thread? :p

·
Registered
177 Posts
:O pure hawtness. i was really hoping to find some light on wiring the bastardOs into our chassis(step by step) to have the stock IS cluster, etc functioning properly. Been searching around but no luck really.

mind doing a "how to install LS motor into IS300" thread? :p
it would be pretty hard to do a write up since there are a number of different "ls" combos. ls1, ls2, ls3, auto or manual, truck ecm or car. i dont know how many combos there are but i have done 3 that were each different from one another.

on the ls1 harness they keep it kinda simple but you really need to go wire by wire or pin by pin to be sure it is correct. for the most part you apply keyed 12v to all the orange. hot all the time to a couple of pinks and some grounds.

for the dash the speedo works by doing nothing, the tach is a simple one wire form the ls1 ecm to the lexus harness, for the gas gauge to work right and the temp gauge to work you need to leave the stock lexus ecm in the car and hook up about 5 of the wires to it. that was kinda tricky.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
it would be pretty hard to do a write up since there are a number of different "ls" combos. ls1, ls2, ls3, auto or manual, truck ecm or car. i dont know how many combos there are but i have done 3 that were each different from one another.

on the ls1 harness they keep it kinda simple but you really need to go wire by wire or pin by pin to be sure it is correct. for the most part you apply keyed 12v to all the orange. hot all the time to a couple of pinks and some grounds.

for the dash the speedo works by doing nothing, the tach is a simple one wire form the ls1 ecm to the lexus harness, for the gas gauge to work right and the temp gauge to work you need to leave the stock lexus ecm in the car and hook up about 5 of the wires to it. that was kinda tricky.
Couldnt have said it better myself. Although, my gas guage works fine and I got rid of the stock ECU. Its really very simple once you tear into things. Easiest way to do it is to get a harness from the LS motor and have someone modify it into a standalone harness. Then all you hookup is power, ground, OBD2 port, fuel pump, fans, tach, and speedo. If you need any help, feel free to PM me. Ill do the best I can to help.

·
Registered
177 Posts
my gas gauge worked without the lexus ecu but it was very notchy. it seemed to move 1/4 tank or more at a time. once i put the ecu back in even with just the 5 wires needed to run the temp gauge it smoothed out. something in that ecu thru the can buss seems to smooth out the gas gauge. at least thats how it was on my car.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Was the swap a direct drop in? Ive seen that 6 speed transmissions drop right in(?) but the auto has to have the tranny tunnel modified?

So far the only mounts I've found are from dedicated motorsports.
What mount did you use with your auto tranny?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
my gas gauge worked without the lexus ecu but it was very notchy. it seemed to move 1/4 tank or more at a time. once i put the ecu back in even with just the 5 wires needed to run the temp gauge it smoothed out. something in that ecu thru the can buss seems to smooth out the gas gauge. at least thats how it was on my car.
Hm, must be something different with my car then cause mine works fine.

Was the swap a direct drop in? Ive seen that 6 speed transmissions drop right in(?) but the auto has to have the tranny tunnel modified?

So far the only mounts I've found are from dedicated motorsports.
What mount did you use with your auto tranny?
Its a swap, it fits well with the mounts from Dedicated I used. I had to modify the trans mount for the auto tho.

^Sparky0025 on here also makes engine/tranny mounts!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Nice dude, my build should be mostly done this weekend as well.

You ever come to Thursday night lights at edgewater? It's a little bit of a drive for you but not terrible!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Nice dude, my build should be mostly done this weekend as well.

You ever come to Thursday night lights at edgewater? It's a little bit of a drive for you but not terrible!
Nice! Whatr u building? I've been to Edgewater once on my bike for a track rental. Almost dumped it on the big end with a tank slapper, haven't been back since lol

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Long night....

We ran into some fueling issues on E85 but here are the numbers. Im either going to put a Boost-A-Pump on it, or an Aeromotive A1000.

6psi - 488whp/483wtq
12psi (letting out at 5500rpm due to maxed out pump) - 588whp/588wtq

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
^so why do you want the A1000? big difference?
Because it ran out of fuel pump at 12psi boost level. The boost-a-pump allows the user to adjust the voltage going to the pump. We saw 13.5volts at the pump on that run. Adding the boost-a-pump will let us increase the voltage to 17 or so allowing the pump to keep up with the horsepower demand.

Also, we fully intend to run about 16psi when all said and done, or whatever it takes to make 650-700whp

Heres some pics:

As you can see in the graph, it would have been over 600hp on that run had we not ran out of fuel....

81 - 100 of 140 Posts