Lexus IS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Not that it matters too much given the power to weight ratio this beast is gonna have, but what is the weight difference bxn a 2jz and an LS motor?? And is this thing going to be strictly a 1/4 mile killer or will she see a road course? Which leads me to my next question, what kind of suspension are you going to use to get this thing to hook up.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Not that it matters too much given the power to weight ratio this beast is gonna have, but what is the weight difference bxn a 2jz and an LS motor?? And is this thing going to be strictly a 1/4 mile killer or will she see a road course? Which leads me to my next question, what kind of suspension are you going to use to get this thing to hook up.
Mostly 1/4 mile car and street car. We're going to see how far we can go on stock suspension and then go with some coilovers.

LS engines are about 100 lbs lighter than the 2JZ I believe. That's with the tranny.
You are correct. Shouldn't be much of a difference in weight other than the turbo stuff.

·
Registered
228 Posts
One word

SICK

hope to hear some drive by with that turbo spooling up

·
Registered
199 Posts
What made you decide to do a straight dump on the exhaust? Track only beast?

·
Registered
11,703 Posts
What made you decide to do a straight dump on the exhaust? Track only beast?
many people dump the waste from the wastegate directly into the atmosphere to make a little more power and to free up space in the exhaust.

41 - 60 of 140 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.