Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Its been a long process of getting parts, making parts, getting things to fit etc for my build. Today I filled it with fluids and fired it up. Right now the belt is off because Im having a radiator made tomorrow. Its going to Jon Moore @ MooreSpeed Performance tomorrow for the turbo kit.

EDIT: Heres an article LSXtv.com did on the car on 10/2/12....
Swap Insanity: Turbo LQ4 Powered Lexus IS300 - LSXTV

Installed:

07 6.0L LQ4
Built 4L60 Trans with Sonnax internals
Precision Industries Billet Triple Disk 3500 Stall Converter
Total Seal Rings
Clevite Rod Bearings
Brute Speed Blower Cam 232/240 .595 .608 115LSA
PRC 199-650 Valve Springs, Titanium Retainers
90MM TB
FAST Rails
Bosch 044 Fuel Pump
80LB Injectors
Aeromotive Regulator
Ported Oil Pump
IPS Billet Timing Set

Heres some pics:

Heres some vids:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Added another piece to the turbo puzzle today, compliments of Chad @ On3. :fuckyeah:

Also running one of Chads 76mm BB Turbos

And 2 HKS's

And yes the OEM hood closes....

·
Registered
478 Posts
That's pretty awesome!!!!! Question though..... Why a 4l60? Those things are as durable as the auto is tranny.. th400 is a 3 spd, sux.... 4l80 is a beast but kinda heavy and the ratio make for loss in power, but I just can't get over the fact that your gonna be pushing around 600hp and the tranny goes boom at those #'s, lq4 is perfect for the turbo though. That's what I'm working into my 97 swb GMC, but I have plenty of room for the 4l80.. sick work man, looking forward to updates.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Looks sick! What are you shooting for at the track and for final whp/tq numbers?

That last picture is my favourite of the bunch... No one will expect it, unless they hear it...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's pretty awesome!!!!! Question though..... Why a 4l60? Those things are as durable as the auto is tranny.. th400 is a 3 spd, sux.... 4l80 is a beast but kinda heavy and the ratio make for loss in power, but I just can't get over the fact that your gonna be pushing around 600hp and the tranny goes boom at those #'s, lq4 is perfect for the turbo though. That's what I'm working into my 97 swb GMC, but I have plenty of room for the 4l80.. sick work man, looking forward to updates.

The trans is built with the best of the best from Sonnax. It's built to withstand well over 800whp....so no, no issues here. The trans and converter cost almost as much as the car LOL. I'm shooting for 650-700whp which is easily attainable for the package. The 16's are going in favor for some Race Star 17x9.5s and 17x4's. The only thing left is to install the LSD. I'll keep you all updated for sure once it hits the rollers.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It should easily go low 10's also....I'm not really shooting for a certain number. Whatever it goes, it goes. If it isn't fast enough, which it probably won't be in time, I'll build the motor and go bigger turbo.

·
Registered
247 Posts
hmm....

That seems like a very interesting place to mount the turbo, can you load an aerial shoot, I am curious as how the exhaust piping is ran and where the radiator is going to go. Also not to bash your project which is totally [email protected]$$ but the inlets on the IC look a little small??

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The intercooler is a 2.5" inlet/outlet. It came off a buddy's car that made 720whp through a TH400 unlocked. I'll post pics once the exhaust piping is done. It will be fed by both sides of the motor with a merge collector. Pretty simple setup if you google camaro truck manifold turbo kit. The radiator will be a Bell core with custom end tanks.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
nice project.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
now im even more curious to see how the fans are going to be placed in there. Seems like the radiator alone will be an extremely tight fit next to that turbo and it looks like that intake will run right infront of that engine.

Will probably make servicing anything in that area a PITA. Nevertheless, that swap is looking pretty damn impressive. I especially like the no CEL on startup. What ECU are you using?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
nice project.
Thank you sir.

now im even more curious to see how the fans are going to be placed in there. Seems like the radiator alone will be an extremely tight fit next to that turbo and it looks like that intake will run right infront of that engine.

Will probably make servicing anything in that area a PITA. Nevertheless, that swap is looking pretty damn impressive. I especially like the no CEL on startup. What ECU are you using?
The radiator will only go up to the exhaust of the turbo. It will be a tight fit, but it will work. Servicing shouldnt be an issue with v-bands on all pipes and AN fittings everywhere. Im using the stock ECU, tuned with HP Tuners

1 - 20 of 140 Posts