Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for your response.

I am the original owner 78,000 miles never driven in the Chicago winter - car is stored under wrap for the winter months. I am getting older and it is harder to "work" on the IS300. I have personally done all the repairs on the car - water pump, timing belt, fuel pump etc..
Car started up as normal after sitting for 3 months. After a couple of weeks it became harder and harder to start. I checked all the fuses and replaced the "fuel relay." I think I have a fuel supply problem. I ordered a fuel pressure regulator and will see if that solves my problem.
Thank you for your input

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Thanks for your response.

I am the original owner 78,000 miles never driven in the Chicago winter - car is stored under wrap for the winter months. I am getting older and it is harder to "work" on the IS300. I have personally done all the repairs on the car - water pump, timing belt, fuel pump etc..
Car started up as normal after sitting for 3 months. After a couple of weeks it became harder and harder to start. I checked all the fuses and replaced the "fuel relay." I think I have a fuel supply problem. I ordered a fuel pressure regulator and will see if that solves my problem.
Thank you for your input
I would drive it by an auto parts store and have the battery load tested.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would drive it by an auto parts store and have the battery load tested.
I had the battery tested - it was good. I replaced the fuel pressure regulator. Still is very very hard to start.
My last try will be to replace the Fuel Pulse Dampener.
If that doesn't fix my starting problem - I will just have to bring it to the dealer.
Playing parts mechanic is not fun or cheap.
Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I had the battery tested - it was good. I replaced the fuel pressure regulator. Still is very very hard to start.
My last try will be to replace the Fuel Pulse Dampener.
If that doesn't fix my starting problem - I will just have to bring it to the dealer.
Playing parts mechanic is not fun or cheap.
Thanks for your input.
Sounds like it turns over fine. Just takes a bit to fire off. Have you checked the fuel pressure? Also have you looked at the timing belt? To check if it is in the right spot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds like it turns over fine. Just takes a bit to fire off. Have you checked the fuel pressure? Also have you looked at the timing belt? To check if it is in the right spot.
Last week the car would not start at all. I had it towed to Lexus. They traced to the problem to a defective EFI relay - part 90084-98031.
Just got the car back - hopefully that is the end of my starting problems.
Thanks again for your input.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts