Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi so a bit of back story, my 2001 Lexus is300's ignition got jammed between acc and lock, I put wd40 and graphite lubricant. I know know your not supposed to do that but too late. I finally got the ignition cylinder working again and put everything back together. It idled rough when I first got it running but it ran. I drove 5 blocks and it stalled while I was driving so I got out and looked over the engine and stuff. Everything looked plugged in. So I got in started it and held the gas to it wouldn't stall, after 2 blocks my throttle cut out, I couldn't give it any throttle untill the last half inch of the Gas Peddle. I idled home and parked, But now when I start the car it immediately dies, it can't idle at all. The trac off light is blinking Slowly, engine light is on but it was on before. Anyone know what this could be? I have checked all the fuses, and they are good. Every thing work perfectly before I removed and reinstalled the ignition cylinder. I unplugged the mad sensor, didn't change anything, I unplugged the battery and let the ecu reset. They all did nothing. Does anyone know something I may have unplugged and forgot about, or what might have been shorted. Thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay I got the car to start and idle, the abs and trac control light are both flashing now and I have a P0120#10 code it says "throttle/ pedal position sensor/ switch A circuit. No other codes it's a basic code reader take that in mind

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay so after alot of starting the car over and over again it started running. I replugged and re adjusted my throttle position sensor, as there was a code for it when I checked. Now the car runs like a freaking dream. In the 4 years I owned it I don't think I've ever seen it so peppy. Only thing left wrong with it is the abs light flashes when ever I stop the car. Goes away once the wheels start moving but always comes back. Any ideas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update, this morning when I drove it to work I noticed the abs light went away. I geuss my car fixed it's self? See this is why I love this car, the more I abuse it the better it runs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts