Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new here. So I just bought an 01 is300 this week 197k on the body, engine 135k, new trans. It had the stock intake/air box with no air inlet duct, air filter, or evap solenoid. The car ran pretty okay. I got it home and threw on a HPS short ram intake. Couldn’t use the heat shield because I was still waiting for the inlet duct to arrive. The car ran great on the first run after installing the intake. Parked it. Took it out 30 min later and it acts like it’s in limp mode. No lights on which is strange. Really quiet, Idles around 5-700 rpm, bogs when I hit the throttle, hesitates to shift, won’t go above 45mph. Car starts fine, doesn’t stall, will rev fine in neutral. I put the stock intake back, got a filter, and put the inlet duct on, cleaned the maf. No difference. Put a duralast maf of and it ran good for a minute and went back. Still no lights but scanned it and It shows p0100,p0110. New desno maf and still the issue persists. breather tube good. Reset the ecu, cleaned the throttle body, checked the gaskets, coils, coolant, gas cap, etc. I can’t seem to pinpoint the problem to get it running right. Hoping someone can help me out here.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Hey guys, new here. So I just bought an 01 is300 this week 197k on the body, engine 135k, new trans. It had the stock intake/air box with no air inlet duct, air filter, or evap solenoid. The car ran pretty okay. I got it home and threw on a HPS short ram intake. Couldn’t use the heat shield because I was still waiting for the inlet duct to arrive. The car ran great on the first run after installing the intake. Parked it. Took it out 30 min later and it acts like it’s in limp mode. No lights on which is strange. Really quiet, Idles around 5-700 rpm, bogs when I hit the throttle, hesitates to shift, won’t go above 45mph. Car starts fine, doesn’t stall, will rev fine in neutral. I put the stock intake back, got a filter, and put the inlet duct on, cleaned the maf. No difference. Put a duralast maf of and it ran good for a minute and went back. Still no lights but scanned it and It shows p0100,p0110. New desno maf and still the issue persists. breather tube good. Reset the ecu, cleaned the throttle body, checked the gaskets, coils, coolant, gas cap, etc. I can’t seem to pinpoint the problem to get it running right. Hoping someone can help me out here.
If youhave the factory scoop blowing directly on the filter. It will cause issues.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put the intake back to factory with new filter and scoop. I unplugged the ecu and ETCS fuses and disconnected the battery, pumped the brakes, waited 30 minutes, put the factory maf which I believe is garbage and reconnected. Car would barely move. I repeated this process again when I installed the new denso maf. Car tore outta the driveway but after a minute went back into running terrible. No acceleration, bogging, hesitating to shift, feels like limp mode. The connector to the idle air control is hanging on by a limb but each prong is seated in what I think is correct unless one of the wires are mixed. If anyone has a pic of the correct wire colors seated into the idle air control valve connection I’d appreciate it

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If youhave the factory scoop blowing directly on the filter. It will cause issues.
So I took the air inlet duct off and it made a difference. The car actually goes when I press the pedal. Car still feels like it’s having trouble accelerating and when it’s hot will run out 3/4 gears longer than it should. Something I don’t understand is my climate control servo used to make a lot of noise like it was about to go but now that the inlet duct is off it doesn’t make a sound.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
So I took the air inlet duct off and it made a difference. The car actually goes when I press the pedal. Car still feels like it’s having trouble accelerating and when it’s hot will run out 3/4 gears longer than it should. Something I don’t understand is my climate control servo used to make a lot of noise like it was about to go but now that the inlet duct is off it doesn’t make a sound.
Tranny is worn. Not related. Climate control is not related.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts