Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
116,xxx miles Onyx Black, 5 black chromed lip 18", clean no dents except for a minor one on the rear bumper.

Sticker price $12,000, I played a little mind fuck with the dealer and got him down to $9500 D.O. but it's not final until I let my mechanic take a look over it.

Good deal? or I should go lower.

The KBB value for dealer is $8,200 on the car so :confused:

·
Registered
60 Posts
What mind fuck did you play with the dealer? haha I would like to learn this trick, there is one near me that's more than I want to pay but if I can get as much off as you did I'd snatch it up. I would say don't pay that much over book, but as these cars are hard to find in some areas (idk if your in one of these areas) you might be forced to pay over book. Around me they sell for over book quite a bit it seems like.

You could always have your mechanic look at it and say there is something wrong and get more off that way too, couldn't hurt to try.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah there aren't many IS's for sale in my area, the few have major mechanical / cosmetic issues. A few with rebuilt titles going for roughly 10k, but I don't quite know about them lol.

The others in my area have more mileage than this one and are about average price, I think I can get the dealer to drop some more off the D.O. price once I drop a few bank wrapped wads of cash on the table :p.

If I recall correctly, the KBB was $8200 for the car, the dealership is "letting it go" for $78xx + the TTT, which somehow equates to about $9500.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Definately check to make sure the 90K mile service has been done. Also if they are selling it to you for $78xx plus tax/tags/doc fees it shoud be much less then $9500. Find out exactly what all the fees are because at the dealer I work for the doc fees and such come out to about $210. Best of luck with the purchase.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't purchase it, I drove the car for a good 50 miles and it felt great. Unfortunately they weren't able to provide me the CarFax (bs excuse) and my Lexus Tech said, after thorough inspection, the car has been in a frontal and rear collision, with the rear trunk replaced (also new spoiler which wasn't properly sealed), and many more issues.

Also the timing belt was not replaced and the oil pan was leaking.

I tried to talk to the dealer to work out a deal, but they wouldn't budge under the said $9000, so I walked away a disappointed man with $14,000 cash in pocket lol.

Time to move on to my next target car :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.