Lexus IS Forum banner

01 is runs horrible

847 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Eddiep 
#1 ·
So I’ve been at this for 3 months now. Bought the car 3 months ago 197k on body 135k on motor, rebuilt trans, eBay cat back, and ran great on the drive home with no air filter or inlet duct. Threw a new intake on it and all went downhill. First code was maf and replaced with denso. Car ran great then started acting up. Ran okay when you feather the throttle. Ran codes after and it was O2 sensors and I replaced all 4 and ran fine for day. then back to square one. Next thing the scanner read was a clogged cat, so I gutted both cats on the headers(code was for read rear bank) Issue persists. mind you before I gutted the cats I did notice the cat glowing red before I gutted it. But now I can hear a vacuum leak. I can hear it more inside while driving and accelerating(trying to accelerate) than listening for it with the hood popped. Almost tired of trying to drill down what the issue is and last resort will be taking it to the dealership. I just want this car to run the way it’s supposed to...any advice??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.