Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do i find out if my car already had the ecu flashed?

Would it be in the carfax?

Recently its been feeling really sluggish, already cleaned the MAF, just replaced the filter, changed the oil...

maybe it needs the ecu flash....

any help is greatly appreciated + rep too

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
i dont think anyone out there would reflash our ecu...other than that they would put a piggy back system and or standalone..those are really your two options....unless u had the srt intake with the re-ecu thingy...but if your opend your ecu box up you could clearly see if there anything in there thats aftermarket

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah that i know but there was Lexus recall because the '01's had an over-aggressive Trac, and they re-flashed the ecu's in the cars who's vins were under:10029014

just read that its only for '01's under 80k miles so that counts me out

but still how do i know if it already had it done?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the same problem since last week. my is 01 and 120k, it idle at 500 RPM and i notice when i drive around 50 mph i get like 40mpg. i think it is good for my gas millage. I lost a lot of at full stop.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
yeah that i know but there was Lexus recall because the '01's had an over-aggressive Trac, and they re-flashed the ecu's in the cars who's vins were under:10029014

just read that its only for '01's under 80k miles so that counts me out

but still how do i know if it already had it done?
Do you have a link to this info/TSB?..

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Look under the hood for this modification label.

This is supposed to be affixed, once the upgrade has been done. Not all dealer service personel are diligent about this, but it should be there.

Digger08

Reactions: theonlyLeXuSintown

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Mine was placed on top of a control box under the hood (near the radiator on the driver side)

They are supposed to affix it under the hood, in plain view. But it could be anywhere I suppose, if done at all.

Digger08

1 - 12 of 12 Posts