Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2001 lexus is300
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow IS owners, I’m currently replacing my engine harness on my 01. But I didn’t pay attention to what I was buying and ended up buying an 02 engine harness. I’m under the impression that it should still work, I just have to re-pin the 01 connectors to the 02 harness. But I can not find the schematics for the 01 pin out to know what each pins function is. Could anyone help or at least point me in the right direction.

thanks y’all, have a wonderful day, and happy Father’s Day to the fathers in here or reading this.

·
Registered
2001 lexus is300
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try search and reading next time. 2001 IS300 ECU Pinout
Good luck. It needs more than just and engine harness to convert. The whole car harness.
i definitely tried searching. For a few hours as well before posting on here. But what’s the issue with de-pinning the 02 harness and the 01 harness and switching the connectors around? If all functions are present in the harness the 02 harness that is in the 01, would it not?

·
5,663 Posts
i definitely tried searching. For a few hours as well before posting on here. But what’s the issue with de-pinning the 02 harness and the 01 harness and switching the connectors around? If all functions are present in the harness the 02 harness that is in the 01, would it not?
Different amount of wires tied to several different systems.Example cluster and climate controls are only for 2001. 2002 to 2005 share the same.

·
Registered
2001 lexus is300
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Different amount of wires tied to several different systems.Example cluster and climate controls are only for 2001. 2002 to 2005 share the same.
yeah I ended up figuring that outthe hard way lol. But I was able to get an 01 harness and got it all installed. Though I do have a question or two about what’s going on with the car now.
Or I can just make a new thread.

I gotchu my boy
Sorry man, I didn’t get an email notification about your reply. I appreciate your offer though. But I have found one already

·
5,663 Posts
yeah I ended up figuring that outthe hard way lol. But I was able to get an 01 harness and got it all installed. Though I do have a question or two about what’s going on with the car now.
Or I can just make a new thread.

Sorry man, I didn’t get an email notification about your reply. I appreciate your offer though. But I have found one already
Just start your own new thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts