Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone out there has done a custom aftermarket nav system in the factory nav setup? Also does anyone know where to find the factory nav setup w/ out the unit? I want to do a aftermarket setup with the existing factory setup but my car obviously doesn't come with the nav system so I am trying to find one.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I was wondering if anyone out there has done a custom aftermarket nav system in the factory nav setup? Also does anyone know where to find the factory nav setup w/ out the unit? I want to do a aftermarket setup with the existing factory setup but my car obviously doesn't come with the nav system so I am trying to find one.
you can probly buy the nav housing and retrofit a 7"WS lcd into the housing.
Thats what I did but i dont' want nav. i did it for tv/dvd purpose. But you can most certainly hook up a nav to it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you have any pics of it? also you know anywhere i could get the housing?

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
check out my nav housing. I got a dvd player, tv tuner, and mp3 player all in one. But you are interested in nav for it. check out the other results that show up on the side. One guy put nav, tv, and PS2 in his. All you need is a nav unit that can output to a 7inch headrest monitor and you are set.
YouTube - Video 1 of my Nav Housing screen and cassette audio in

·
Registered
558 Posts
i have all the parts for the nav housing minus the motor and the buttons. let me know if your interested.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I hate the original nav in my lexus,I've just bought a garmin nuvi 760.
Is it possible to replace the original one with the nuvi by taking the screen out and placing the nuvi instead?
Does it still opens up automatticly when you start the car then?

·
Registered
753 Posts
check out my nav housing. I got a dvd player, tv tuner, and mp3 player all in one. But you are interested in nav for it. check out the other results that show up on the side. One guy put nav, tv, and PS2 in his. All you need is a nav unit that can output to a 7inch headrest monitor and you are set.
Looks Good! mind letting us know the details of how you got it to work -- I assume it is still hooked up to factory unit but you swapped the screen / input?

·
Registered
166 Posts

Thats an awesome setup! Its clean and very functional. I would also like to see more info on how you got it set up!

+rep

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am also lookin for the dash trim w/ the buttons, motor, housing, wiring, everything but the screen anyone know where to find that or anyone want to sell that. Also anyone know of or have a DIY of putting a factory nav install on an 01 IS I want to know what to do for wiring and everything else if someone could help me out with some information.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts