Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you IS300 owners acually had the chance to clock the 0-60 times for your car? I know Lexus claims a 7.1 second time, but all the car magazines report slower times. I test drove an IS300 today and it didn't feel like it was capable of hitting 60mph in only 7 seconds, but then this car only had 3 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I haven't test the time yet, but so far w/ 2600+ miles in the car, I have discovered that you have to drive this car much different than other cars I have driven so far. It seem to me that you cannot just slam on the gas pedal and expect it to go fast, rather you have to be smooth with good timing. If you do it right, you will find the car pulling hard forward. But if you do it wrong, it will feel like you are driving a SUV or something. I am still trying to figure out the exact logic programmed into the ECU, and hopefully will be able to produce good performance all the time.
Another thing, the gas mileage does not improve if you just feather the throttle. I found this out during this past 500 miles or so that the mileage actually improves if you drive the car just a little bit hard (but not the way Webmaster drives it though
)
Maybe I am just too used to my old Eclipse GSX, but then again, I never encountered this type of stuff in the GS300 and the C230 Kompressor. Oh well, I guess I just have to learn the car better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts