Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im wondering what I should exspect out of an N/A with aftermarket headers, exhaust, intake, all the stuff to let the car breath easyer. Obvously, im not exspecting huge gains, but im just wondering what to exspect. :)

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
There are people doing low 15s and high 14s. Use the search feature.....it will give you all the info you need.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did, and it worked!

But I couldnt find any numbers :(

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
well, with just the K&N intake, i pulled a high 14, and that was with a pretty crap 60' time. I figure i would have hit mid 14's with a decent launch. If you have everything on and tuned w/SAFC or EMUltimate, i would say low 14's are achieveable..

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
And if you have an auto, a torque converter, valvebody upgrade/ and or ESK would be a very good decision.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Auto.

I have desided to go N/A for now, I will eventually go turbo, but in like 5years or so when I will be out of school and will have a second car. (im going to turn the IS into a scca race car)

So im thinking:
Cam Gears, SRT intake, HKS exhaust, headers, torque converter and upgraded clutch. Sound good? Maby high 13's with a good 60ft?
-Wes

·
Registered
138 Posts
ISpimpin said:
Auto.

I have desided to go N/A for now, I will eventually go turbo, but in like 5years or so when I will be out of school and will have a second car. (im going to turn the IS into a scca race car)

So im thinking:
Cam Gears, SRT intake, HKS exhaust, headers, torque converter and upgraded clutch. Sound good? Maby high 13's with a good 60ft?
-Wes
Sorry bro u wont hit 13's. Just save up and buy a KIT, if you wanna run 13's. I suggest TURBOEAST S1.

·
Registered
226 Posts
The IS stands for Is Slow when you are N.A......boost that 2J or youd be throwing your money away...If your gonna make your car SCCA first thing is to get a decent suspension on there and work on your driving skills because no matter your car in AutoX its all in the driver....

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
ISpimpin said:
Auto.

So im thinking:
-Wes
you won't get much use out of a clutch w/ an auto! ;) at least not in the traditional sense of the word

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
clutch :suspiciou

ISpimpin said:
Auto.

So im thinking:
-Wes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts