LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 01:11 PM
Enthusiast

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezik777 View Post
If thats the case i would wait on boosting the car...it cost more then just the price of parts
^X2... If I were you i would save up at least 10g's and i know alot of people here will say that is over kill and can be done at half that price but in the end you want to have a solid reliable car, build it right and dont take any shortcuts.

Keep picking up more and more parts and then when you have everything needed get it installed and tuned at a reputable shop. In the time being do suspension mods and really feel out the car so when you jump up to 300-400whp you can control the car with the new power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 02:11 PM
Guru

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)

Garage
If anything get Susp. and Cams ...

Support The Troops - OIF Veteran - SSG of Soldiers - AND PROUD OF IT

-Boosted-
-JCE10 Midwest-
___Go Fast or F*** It___
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Fiend

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

well i was planning on doing the install myself, and i found a MAP for a emu on a thread somewhere, same injectors and power, so i was gunna use that on low boost to be safe. but yeah the more i think about it, and read stuff like ya'll said maybe i need to wait on that and get the suspension finished

2015 Subaru BRZ Limited 6spd (I miss the IS)
-Sold- Tracked/AutoX'd 2002 IBP Is300 5spd

3 Pedals FTW

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-24-2011, 07:59 PM
Fiend

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It's not the IS, but here's my experience with autoxing the 240SX:

My set up: N/A single cam KA, mild lowering springs, Tokico HPs (blues), no-name front+rear strut tower bars, stock sway bars, raybestos brake pads (ha ha)

Unless these guys named J.D. and T.C. show up, I can pretty much get the fastest 240sx time at the autox that day. I've beaten 240SXs with dohc KAs, SR20DETs, RB25s and full coilover suspension set ups.

This set up is pretty neutral going around Laguna Seca Raceway, but definitely need bigger brakes, because the smallish brakes faded quickly.

My suggestion? Hold off on the turbo kit and get lots of autox seat time. Remember, fully adjustable suspension set ups can bump you to a different class. Same thing with the turbo.

2004 IS300 5MT weekend cruiser
1989 240SX hatch 5MT DD, autox, track car (DSP #979)
1971, '72, '74 Celica project cars

Last edited by dsp979; 12-24-2011 at 10:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Lexus IS > Race Related

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page