IS300 1/4 Mile - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

 9Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Frequenter
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Newbrunswick, Canada
Posts: 203
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
           
IS300 1/4 Mile

Anyone running 1/4 mile lately? The sticky hasn't been active or updated in a while.

Post your slips and details!

2004 IS300 600whp /// 487wtq
Pholicious is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 01:22 PM
c1L
Fiend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 432
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
           
Garage
I want to know the same! wanna know if its even worth me doing the 1/4 mile when my car is done.

2002 IS300 1095rwhp Alpha Tuned

Spring Setup - 10:1 GTE Motor,T56, Ford 8.8 IRS, ProEFI128, 7175 GT42

My Build Thread

ig - cillyotta

RIP MIKEY #msperformance #empireperformance
c1L is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 01:37 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
 
Garage
Seat time is seat time. Do it regardless of if it's slow or not. It's why you built the car right?!
Poke_IS300 likes this.

Trackday Junkie
CelestialProduct is offline  
 
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 01:42 PM
c1L
Fiend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 432
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
           
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestialProduct View Post
Seat time is seat time. Do it regardless of if it's slow or not. It's why you built the car right?!
I will be mostly street driving my car and roll racing at the Poconos event. Not willing to destroy my stock rear and clutch for a shit pass at the 1/4 mile unless its worth a good pass.

2002 IS300 1095rwhp Alpha Tuned

Spring Setup - 10:1 GTE Motor,T56, Ford 8.8 IRS, ProEFI128, 7175 GT42

My Build Thread

ig - cillyotta

RIP MIKEY #msperformance #empireperformance
c1L is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Frequenter
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Newbrunswick, Canada
Posts: 203
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
           
If you have 6 puck or twin disc your clutch should be fine I made some pass at 600whp on act 6 puck sprung. My diff on the other hand didn't do so well the mk3 supra diff is suppose to be able to hold 800whp or so but mine didnt. I rebuilt it with yukon gears gonna make passes later this year see how it goes.

It's definitely a lot of fun you should go even if you come off the line soft
c1L likes this.

2004 IS300 600whp /// 487wtq
Pholicious is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 05:39 PM
Cherisher
 
blkdout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,800
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 631 Post(s)
           
I'd love to know what mine does but probably never make it to the track.

Once I get it to hook up I'll be more enticed.

'03 Wagon - Stock
'02 Sedan - Not Stock

"There's nothing like waiting and getting exactly what you want."
-Hiral
blkdout is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Frequenter
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Newbrunswick, Canada
Posts: 203
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkdout View Post
I'd love to know what mine does but probably never make it to the track.

Once I get it to hook up I'll be more enticed.
Slicks and skinnies fix that issue lol i'd love to see your car hit the track

2004 IS300 600whp /// 487wtq
Pholicious is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 07:32 AM
c1L
Fiend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 432
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
           
Garage
im gonna have a stock LSD rear with over 900 thing cant wait to explode lol
whatthe likes this.

2002 IS300 1095rwhp Alpha Tuned

Spring Setup - 10:1 GTE Motor,T56, Ford 8.8 IRS, ProEFI128, 7175 GT42

My Build Thread

ig - cillyotta

RIP MIKEY #msperformance #empireperformance
c1L is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 09:16 AM
Frequenter
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
           
I miss having a decently fast car to bring to the dragstrip. :'(

2004 IS300 Eshift
BRZ 4.1 LSD - 18x8.5 Evo X Enkei's - Koni
- Tein - Stoptech - EBC - Tanabe
Thread: https://my.is/forums/f219/tvl3rds-2004-is300-565586/
tvl3rd is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Frequenter
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Newbrunswick, Canada
Posts: 203
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by c1L View Post
im gonna have a stock LSD rear with over 900 thing cant wait to explode lol
Just launch easy 10psi or less is what most people seem to launch at but with drag racing anything can happen.. my i destroyed my rear end last year without 2step but on drag radials
c1L likes this.

2004 IS300 600whp /// 487wtq
Pholicious is offline  
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 10:09 AM
c1L
Fiend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 432
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
           
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pholicious View Post
Just launch easy 10psi or less is what most people seem to launch at but with drag racing anything can happen.. my i destroyed my rear end last year without 2step but on drag radials
Yea that's gonna have to be the move

2002 IS300 1095rwhp Alpha Tuned

Spring Setup - 10:1 GTE Motor,T56, Ford 8.8 IRS, ProEFI128, 7175 GT42

My Build Thread

ig - cillyotta

RIP MIKEY #msperformance #empireperformance
c1L is offline  
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 07:54 PM
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,307
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
           
I plan to take mine down, but nearest track is 3 hour drive one way. I will likely play around with launches on the mr dyno/gtech on the street to sort out a few issues before I go. Either way, I think it's worthwhile to go through the motions to figure out how to launch your car and get moving quick. On the street, I really don't think it's fun to do 180mph, and would rather get it over with quick. The more you can maximize what you have, the better the odds that you can have the race over and done with by the time you reach the speed limit.

I modified the typical ET/MPH from hp formulas when I had my Aristo to get more reasonable prediction for mediocore street tire/suspnsion for trying to hit a number at the track. It was a good guideline for me to figure out what side of the line I was on and where I should improve. i.e. If a person is running in low 11 second range with only 120mph, you know its a drag tire setup, and something very very good is going on to get it to hook that well. If someone is running 140mph and only high 10s, you know they are making a crap ton of power and there is definite room for improvement on the traction side.

There are too many variables to make it perfect, but some comments - power curve plays a big part in your overall times/speed. If you only make 460whp peak for 500 rpms, don't use it to predict your times. If the average is more like 420whp, use the average 420whp number.

Also dynojets might get slagged for producing bigger numbers, but it's a really a super simple device and error is more likely on the operator side. Post the corrected numbers to compare to other cars power numbers from around the globe, but ask for uncorrected numbers if you want to figure out how fast your car is going to go.

Drag tires/and really drag focused suspensions should be able to improve over these times.




Poke_IS300, c1L and Pholicious like this.
whatthe is offline  
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Frequenter
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Newbrunswick, Canada
Posts: 203
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthe View Post
I plan to take mine down, but nearest track is 3 hour drive one way. I will likely play around with launches on the mr dyno/gtech on the street to sort out a few issues before I go. Either way, I think it's worthwhile to go through the motions to figure out how to launch your car and get moving quick. On the street, I really don't think it's fun to do 180mph, and would rather get it over with quick. The more you can maximize what you have, the better the odds that you can have the race over and done with by the time you reach the speed limit.

I modified the typical ET/MPH from hp formulas when I had my Aristo to get more reasonable prediction for mediocore street tire/suspnsion for trying to hit a number at the track. It was a good guideline for me to figure out what side of the line I was on and where I should improve. i.e. If a person is running in low 11 second range with only 120mph, you know its a drag tire setup, and something very very good is going on to get it to hook that well. If someone is running 140mph and only high 10s, you know they are making a crap ton of power and there is definite room for improvement on the traction side.

There are too many variables to make it perfect, but some comments - power curve plays a big part in your overall times/speed. If you only make 460whp peak for 500 rpms, don't use it to predict your times. If the average is more like 420whp, use the average 420whp number.

Also dynojets might get slagged for producing bigger numbers, but it's a really a super simple device and error is more likely on the operator side. Post the corrected numbers to compare to other cars power numbers from around the globe, but ask for uncorrected numbers if you want to figure out how fast your car is going to go.

Drag tires/and really drag focused suspensions should be able to improve over these times.
Those are really cool graphs your right about the 1/4 miles its hard to estimate that because of the variables but the mph one looks pretty accurate! My car last year around 560whp went 126mph for comparison

2004 IS300 600whp /// 487wtq
Pholicious is offline  
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 01:28 AM
Follower
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Clarion,PA
Posts: 679
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
           
Ran mine last summer. it was the first time i ran it at the track in several years. Only running 13psi of boost on a 6765. Makes roughly 390whp on a mustang dyno at that level. Ran a 12.62et. I think that was at 114mph. Not that impressive but, it was my fastest pass yet. I hope to get this damn V160 in, and some larger injectors to make more power and see where it goes then.

It's got the heart of a "Silver Monster".

410whp on a mustang dyno @ Big3 in OH tuned by, Me.
:(
MyDreamIS300 is offline  
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 06:26 AM
Follower
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: River of Heaven 天の川
Posts: 565
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDreamIS300 View Post
Ran mine last summer. it was the first time i ran it at the track in several years. Only running 13psi of boost on a 6765. Makes roughly 390whp on a mustang dyno at that level. Ran a 12.62et. I think that was at 114mph. Not that impressive but, it was my fastest pass yet. I hope to get this damn V160 in, and some larger injectors to make more power and see where it goes then.

That is a pretty decent run. What tires were you running and do you know what your 60 foot time was?
isthisme is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Lexus IS Forum > Lexus IS > Race Related

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Member from L.A // IS300 04' | IS300 01' kevfjs New Member Introductions 5 04-04-2016 03:34 PM
Not happy with my is300 Sanfou300 General Discussion 19 01-13-2016 01:14 PM
New Member IS300 turbo phoenix19l General Discussion 5 11-30-2015 05:42 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome