User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Follower

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)

Ice Racing

I don't know how many people on this forum actually ice race but I thought I'd post this:

https://www.lexussportcup.com/

The series is based in a fairgrounds lot 2-3hrs north of Toronto. This series is just for Lexus IS300's from 01-05'. I got a chance to get a couple ride alongs yesterday and it was a blast. There's a bunch of videos on youtube if you care to watch them. The town is called Minden, so you could search "Minden ice racing Lexus"...

02' MT w/MK3 Supra LSD and no sunroof
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 01:48 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 26 Post(s)

This looks like a ton of fun! Never lived somewhere cold enough where this would be possible, and honestly don't have a desire to, but still awesome!

To be honest I'm surprised they're able to field an entire group of people limiting it to just Lexus IS's.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Follower

Ya there's over 15 of these total. Most guys have picked their cars up for under $1k CAD so it's a super cheap way to race.

The hilarious thing is that most keep their seat heaters since it's so damn cold. A couple guys use Kirkey race seats and pull the stock seat heaters off the stock seat. I think they're all automatic, since finding a manual car for this cheap is next to impossible. And there's a $3,500 claimer rule. "Claims may only be made by other car owners. All claims subject to approval of series administrator". So you don't want to spend anything over $3500 CAD because someone can buy your car from you if they think it's faster than theirs.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 05:38 PM
Follower

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)

not quite sure i understand the 3.5k/claimer thing, but this looks super fun!

Lucy; 04 manual sportdesign
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 06:12 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 26 Post(s)

24 hours of lemons used to have something similar.

To prevent people from spending more than $500, you'd make a rule that anyone could buy a car that was racing for $500. That way you wouldn't spend a bunch of money on a cheater car out of fear of another team opting to buy it. Basically an attempt to control spending.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 07:00 AM Thread Starter
Follower

What humbucker said. It's so people don't spend too much money on their cars to beat everyone. They're so cheap most people just heat the springs to lower the car, I think the rationale is to keep the soft springrate. Some guys keep the stock height for more weight transfer.

And the standard spec tire is:

spec tire (NO MODS) Hankook ipikeRS (W419) 215/45/17
spec street stud - Bruno Wessel or Wipertec Studs (per CASC rules)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Lexus IS > Race Related

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page