Autopower rollbar/cage - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 01:14 AM Thread Starter
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
 
Autopower rollbar/cage

I just purchased a four point roll cage w/harness bar from a local guy. Its badged as an Autopower product, I was also told this by the PO. So a couple of things, I ordered new hardware from Autopower to replace the hardware that it didnt come with (bolts, nuts, and base plates) and upon comparing them to the cage they dont match. Does anyone else have an Autopower bolt-in roll cage? If so please share picture so I can verify what this is supposed to look like.
RSV4_chic is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 10:57 AM
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 100
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
 
I have one but I'm not sure how helpful the pictures I have are, but can try to take more at some point.













humbucker87 is online now  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 05:43 PM
Follower
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 655
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
           
you say its 'badged', but it sounds like there is nothing indicating it really is an auto power bar???? have you tried contacting the PO or auto power? im sure if you further explain what the problem is to autopower they might be able to help you. the PO, probably not so much.

with that being said, if autopower doesnt help you, use a micrometer to measure the holes you need for the bolt diameter. you can then use a pencil or a pen as a gauge how long you need shank of bolts for. dont forget to account for washer and bolt height. tedious, but it will work.

Lucy; 04 manual sportdesign
mesooohoppy is online now  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbucker87 View Post
I have one but I'm not sure how helpful the pictures I have are, but can try to take more at some point.













These help thank you, is this the #60241 roll cage?
RSV4_chic is online now  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesooohoppy View Post
you say its 'badged', but it sounds like there is nothing indicating it really is an auto power bar???? have you tried contacting the PO or auto power? im sure if you further explain what the problem is to autopower they might be able to help you. the PO, probably not so much.

with that being said, if autopower doesnt help you, use a micrometer to measure the holes you need for the bolt diameter. you can then use a pencil or a pen as a gauge how long you need shank of bolts for. dont forget to account for washer and bolt height. tedious, but it will work.
It's an Autopower bar for sure, after cleaning up the plastidip off it I found the model number. Just as my suspicion thought it isnt a IS300 cage, it was a Honda Civic one. Which made sense why there were fitment issues and the plates did match up. I have since sold it and I'm now saving for the correct one. Disappointed I wasted the money on it in the first place when I could have saved the effort and gotten the right one from the start.
RSV4_chic is online now  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Today, 09:15 AM
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 100
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV4_chic View Post
It's an Autopower bar for sure, after cleaning up the plastidip off it I found the model number. Just as my suspicion thought it isnt a IS300 cage, it was a Honda Civic one. Which made sense why there were fitment issues and the plates did match up. I have since sold it and I'm now saving for the correct one. Disappointed I wasted the money on it in the first place when I could have saved the effort and gotten the right one from the start.
Bummer...but yes mine is the full race bar "with options" which basically means the harness bar and diagonal bolt in rather than remaining fixed. I initially intended to remove the bar and add it back several times a year so I wanted to make it as easy as possible. It does help with install I think to just have the main hoop to get in the car. Overall it's all a tight squeeze but that's really what you want when we're talking roll over protection. Best of luck!
humbucker87 is online now  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Today, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbucker87 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV4_chic View Post
It's an Autopower bar for sure, after cleaning up the plastidip off it I found the model number. Just as my suspicion thought it isnt a IS300 cage, it was a Honda Civic one. Which made sense why there were fitment issues and the plates did match up. I have since sold it and I'm now saving for the correct one. Disappointed I wasted the money on it in the first place when I could have saved the effort and gotten the right one from the start.
Bummer...but yes mine is the full race bar "with options" which basically means the harness bar and diagonal bolt in rather than remaining fixed. I initially intended to remove the bar and add it back several times a year so I wanted to make it as easy as possible. It does help with install I think to just have the main hoop to get in the car. Overall it's all a tight squeeze but that's really what you want when we're talking roll over protection. Best of luck!
Thank you, I was curious are you still using the factory wheel? Or did you change to an aftermarket one?
RSV4_chic is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Lexus IS Forum > Lexus IS > Race Related

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Current users viewing this Thread: 3 (2 members and 1 guests)
RSV4_chic, humbucker87
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome